Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Belated mail call

So, with all the relocating, temp housing, mail forwarding, mail holding going on... getting the mail is a very tough task. Take for example, we've given out our new address to all family and friends and people still address things to us in Maryland... UGHHHHH, which takes about 2 weeks to reach us through forwarding to CT, being held and then being picked up once a week.

So when we get mail addressed to the new address we love it.

Look at all the cool postcards we've received lately from our April 2006 DTC Postcard swap. This is a 4 part swap where each season (Summer, Fall, Winter, Spring), you mail out cards to everyone on the list and they in turn mail them to you. The cards are done in the theme of the season. This season swap is Summer, coming up soon we all have to find Fall cards.

Finding postcards if you aren't at an amusement park is TOUGH. We were in Sturbridge Village last weekend and couldn't find Fall cards there... I have 2 more months till the Fall swap deadline. Worst case I take some fall photo shots and make the postcards LOL.

Included in this batch of cards are ones from Canada and Australia. I hope that one day, when Mapgie looks at all these, that she selects places in this country and throughout the world to go visit one day. We hope to take her many places as she grows up. Travel is something that E and I find peaceful, exciting and wonderful. We hope that Magpie finds that same sense of adventure in life. It really is a Small World After All.

1 comment:

Jenn said...

Making them is not a bad deal! I have looked into it as well. I had some made for thank-you's and they turned out really cool. Don't be surprised if you see one like that coming from MO in the next swap!

Jenn