Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Dirt Diet

So, living in a hotel can really wreak havoc on your waistline for a few reasons:

1. Impossible to really stock the sock drawer/pantry with proper foods.
2. Limited cold storage space limits fresh food options.
3. Stress of moving
4. Stress of a new job
5. Other 'stress'
6. No scale to weigh yourself except at the plant and no way in heck am I weighing myself at the plant

So I confine my 'health' to the idea that I check my weight by how 'tight' the waist-band is and I dread the day the scales get unpacked by the movers, then the real truth will come. Now in perspective I'm not fat and some would say I'm not 'overweight' either but I would say I am. I know that although I've lost one clothing size and am at my "pre-pregnancy" weight, in all truth though, due to fertility meds expanding my ass-thigh region sideways I still have one more size to go to reach my pre-medicated size!

So I've found a new diet.

It's the Triscuit Diet. I don't like Triscuits, but E does. So we have box that is slowly being eaten. So when I get hungry, I take a few, usually 1-2 can do the job. I chew on them, but the taste, the texture, it's like woven dirt. I can't go any further with it and I spit it out (TMI? Too much information?). This technique is working quite well and really curing my late night munchies... guess I should add this to my "weird things about me" post huh?

Triscuit Diet, brought to you by a satisfied customer.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The visual picture of you chewing on the triscuit reminded me of a scene in Ace Ventura: Pet Detective (OK, I watched it with my nephew; a long time ago). Jim Carry was chewing something, and he was not liking it - so he did not swallow (or closing his mouth for that matter) it and let it just - you know, fall out. That scene struck me funny because I would have liked to do that with some of the food that I have put in my mouth at times....
I think the worst thing I ever tried was some kind of strange cabbage soup diet. That lasted 1 day. I didn't even have a good reason (as living in a hotel, etc.) to try such a thing. I was just stupid.... ;-)

dreamer said...

We had a good laugh on your comment Sarah. Funny thing, I actually spit it out into the dog bowl but Eric thought that was 'too much' to include,lol.