Sunday, September 17, 2006

Half Off?

So a few weekends ago we're at the Brimfield Antique Festival, basically just window shopping. We weren't sure what to expect. It's a pretty good size Antique festival but not my most favorite one. The Madison-Bouckfield Antique Festival in Syracuse New York is easier to navigate as it has one entrance to the main fair grounds instead of individual entrances to individual fields (sponsors) and individual entry fees (in some cases) at the Brimfield Festival. Next year we've made plans to drive out to NY to see the Madison-Bouckville Festival. But for now, and for proximity this was a great festival.

Madison-Bouckville Website

Brimfield Website

While in Brimfield, we saw some adorable items (small) for Magpie's Nursery but opted not to get anything at this time. Just doesn't make sense to buy items, not matter how small, when we're in a hotel room and also, the likelihood that we'll be able to go again next year since the wait is so long!

we also looked at some nice antique dressers for the spare bedroom as one day we'd really like to give that room a more old world feel. All in due time is sort of our motto. We're just not in a rush.
But as we were window shopping we came upon the funniest display, ok, not funny if your mind didn't work the way both of our did. So when I saw it I said to E "Half Off? I wonder if that's a reference to Half Price or only Half the Doll is left intact?" Yeah, kind of tacky humor but we both had a great laugh about it. And these days, the things that make us laugh are 100% the only ones that mean something to us.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Congrats on being able to control your urge to buy! I wish I could!