Monday, October 23, 2006

Thanks Guys!

This post is to thank My mom, my sister in law J, E's mom and our March Secret Pal.

First, our March Secret Pal gift arrived a week ago but it wasn't clear who it was from...! Oh well, better Thanks Late, than no thanks! The wonderful Autumn Package was from the theme of Mid Autumn Festival, a time of great tradition and honoring of family. Check out my Friday Facts on this subject, the link is below:

Friday Facts - Mid Autumn Festival

We loved all the gifts and were especially grateful to receive the mooncakes... we had hoped to buy them but with the move, celebrating this wonderful festival didn't happen and I was really disappointed. I guess next year we can really honor it, hoping family can take part, it will be part of our life in the future!

We also received a cool online card from E's parents on the day we closed. I remember when online cards were all the rage years ago...then they just disappeared into the sunset, such that I really love receiving them now as they aren't common at all.

Next, Mom, thanks for the beautiful flowers you sent. They are on our island and really go well with the kitchen cabinets and the surrounding areas. It's nice to finally be able to enjoy flowers again, I wasn't sure it would ever happen.

Last, but not least, to JandT, thanks for my cool birthday bear! This one will go with the other minatures we have and will decorate Magpie's homemade bookshelf with honor. Yes, I know it's not my birthday, it's an inside joke with J. Also, they gave a housewarming present of a vase and bamboo plant, it's incredible and also on the kitchen island.

Thanks everyone!

No comments: