Wednesday, October 11, 2006

THIEF!!!!

SHHHHHHHH!

Don't tell anyone, we've been reduced to theives... in order to obtain internet access we have to steal it. The kind and wonderous folks at AT&T (who SUCK) have not been able to figure out the telephone pole from the hole in the the ground that is the construction site next door.

So we take turns attempting to log on from the upstairs bedroom that faces the street. Someone in our neighborhood has unprotected wireless service (THANK YOU) and we are stealing it. AT&T ahs no clue when they will be able to resolve the situation. NICE...

Tomorrow is the official move in day, yeah, I know, we're already "moved" in. But I don't consider a 42" TV, air mattress, a few suitcases of clothes and an empty, echoing house as being "moved in". So the movers come tomorrow and I'm happy it's finally arrived.

So, everyone, silent happy thoughts about a lack of damaged items and a lack of missing boxes. It's always a mystery what happens to your stuff when you the move is out of your hands and worse yet things go into storage for months.

We shall see.

Stay tuned for more posts courtesy of the neighbors we're borrowing a cup of sugar, ok more like a few hours of internet service, from.

LOST is on, I'm back to the air mattress in front of the TV.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not making light of your hardships - but I love your humor.... ;-)

I am hoping that anything breakable was not broken in your move!

dreamer said...

hardships? What hardships? SEriously, we alter between caught up in sorrow and then recognizing that in our lives, we have much to be thankful for. It's a strange balance.

Good to hear from you Sarah!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad that you are finally in the house and tomorrow you can start unpacking your things and setting up you home. Cherished belongings, while not absolutely necessary to live, are what helps to make any house a home. I really wish I could be there to help.

We also were thinking of going to the Keene Pumpkin Festival. We have always wanted to see it, but we've decided to have our pumpkin carving party instead. It would have been a lot of fun to meet you guys there, but I'm not sure if we would have gotten in trouble with Jenn and Trisha for revealing ourselves early. We are so looking forward to finally being able to meet you both in person and that day can't come soon enough.

Until then, know that you both are always in our thoughts and we wish you all the best as you finally finish the last part of this big move. Take care and be well.
Your April Secret Pal