Sunday, November 12, 2006

Movers from Hell... an understatement

As most of you who read my blog regularly know, I take a moment every so often to do a little "PR" for the companies we wish we'd never done business with.

I"m back on the subject of the movers again.

We've been avoiding unpacking because every time we open a box, 1 of 2 things happens. Either a flood of memories we don't care to revisit right now shows up OR the movers from hell ruin our day yet again with another box of 'altered' goods.

We have a first. Items 1 and 2 are now combined.

The crib we ordered 14 weeks before Sophia's due date, the crib that wound up being expedited, only to arrive 3 days before her death, the crib that travelled across an ocean, literally, (from Italy) to get to us... the crib we NEVER opened, in the box that had never had an ounce of damage by us or the transatlantic voyage... well, that crib, was tucked, way way way behind all these other 'nursery' boxes, seemingly hidden out of view. Well, we found that crib today, can you believe, the Bastards, and that's an understatement for how we feel about them, the Bastards managed to damage the crib.

With last year crushing our thoughts, our zest, this past week, the crib was the last thing we really could manage to deal with. Ironic huh, the things you need to avoid for a little while longer have a habit of biting you in the ass.

First the cradle that Pop, my grandfather made, that they couldn't follow my directions and box like I asked, now the crib, never opened, never touched, waiting for Magpie. The crib we didn't want to look at for months, didn't want to put together till next year... the crib we'll have to face a lot sooner to figure out how bad off it is.

If you ever have the chance to move with professional movers, DO NOT TRUST YOUR PRECIOUS ITEMS WITH ALLIED VANLINES. THEY SUCK. THEIR PACKERS SUCK. THEY DON'T GIVE A SHIT ABOUT THE LITTLE THINGS THAT MATTER TO YOU. THEY SUCK.

We hate them, with every box we open, a little more every day.

Your gonna love this one. Their motto? "The Careful Movers"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisa,
I'm so sorry about the crib. I can't imagine how it felt to find that.
I will join you in hating all professional movers forever!

Aimee

Anonymous said...

Lisa, Sorry to hear the terrible news about the crib.
I know what you mean, My husband was promoted and we moved to Syracuse and Graybeal Van Lines just threw our stuff in boxes and caused a lot of damage. We may be moving again shortly due to a job promotion and I think I will pack my own stuff and have them just move it.

Lisa, I hope there is not much damage.

Damn them, damn them all!!!

K~ said...

Gosh, don't these people realize they are dealing with memories and people's emotions. How inconsiderate!!!