Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Space-Time continuum

Did you ever wonder if you're in an alternate universe at times?

Picture this, I'm sitting in a seminar of many different people giving presentations. I"m listening, I'm interested, lots of cool information. And over and over again the following terms come up:

fast adoption
adopted Fast
adoption
adopts


Interesting huh? Any guess where I was at, the people I was listening to, the focus and subject matter?

Those of you guessing a "Waiting Parents Night Out" or an "Adoption Seminar". That's the sound of a VERY loud buzzer letting you know that was 100% WRONG.

No, I spent all day listening to Marketing and Operations teams present the 2006 results and the 2007 business plan and Strategic Goals for the company I work for.

Adoption? Adopted FAst?

Apparently these terms are utilized a GREAT deal in the marketing world to describe a desired strategy or result for bringing products to market. ie "we hope this product see a fast adoption in the Market". In laymans terms (mine), we hope we make lots of money quick and steal market share.

uhm, Adoption?

Space-time continuum anyone?

(as a side note, my partner and I, the Marketing Manager for the segment we presented, NAILED our presentation, there were nearly 50 in the audience, including the CEO, couldn't be happier, unless of course they were talking about speeding up OUR adoption)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so funny how we notice those words so much more now! I was at a reading teacher conference and listening to all these teachers talking about which textbook to adopt, and which program their district would be adopting--I was going nuts! :) Congrats on the great presentation!

Anonymous said...

How about those Adopt-A-Highway signs? I really thing about those when I see them. What part of any roadway would I want to bring onto our home and share our lives with? None of it, I say! At least when you adopt a fur baby, you get something warm and cuddily, albet a mess maker. But there isn't anything about a highway that is warm or cuddily. Our thoughts are with you both! Your April Secret Pal

4D said...

I notice adoption related words so much more now! It is weird.

Congrats on the presentation!

Keep smilin!