Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Winding down -family and friends

It's been a while since I last posted about quilt squares from family and friends... the main reason... a few holdouts, lol, who've brought things down to the wire and way way beyond. We've received a few recently and have 3 more I know are 'in the mail', the rest, we've given up on.

If it weren't for the slow down in China, the quilt wouldn't have had a snowballs chance of ever being done in time! Look on the bright side of things huh?

This first picture is a set of 3 squares. E's Gram sent us another batch, which is cool! These 3 are from Kimberly, Nancy and Gram, even though Gram sent some, wee're happy to have more!

However, Nancy and Kimberly... wishes? Hey, we need wishes!!!! Ok, Magpie needs wishes! Seriously though, we have gotten a few squares to be followed one day by a wish. I think sometimes it was hard to figure out the fabric but really really hard to figure out what wish to say. Afterall, they are going to be kept for life, literally. I can understand. We love the fabrics, they are beautiful, bright, fun!

A picture speaks a thousand words, but ohhh, this fabric is so soft and I just don't think you can tell that from the picture. It's a buttery yellow and this wonderful flannel, velvet feeling.

It's from Nora, my mom's horseback riding instructor. Nora is one of those people that you know are just 'good people'. She's kind, funny, tough, wonderful and the fact that she would help us with this quilt for Magpie means a great deal. Thank you Nora, for the fabric and the wish. Next time we see you, we'll tell you in person.

So, what better way to follow up Mom's Riding instructor than with a wonderful set of barn friends my mom has made. Mom started riding when I left for college, or should I say when her checkbook finally recovered from all the riding years she supported me with. She finally got her hobby for her own and it's cool.

Brian and Kristin sent this lovely teddy bear fabric as part of Magpie's quilt. Kristin rides with my mom, is a horse owner too and just an all around wonderful person. Thank you soooo much for your thoughfulness and for all your kindness to my mom these last few sort of 'tough' years where Grandchildren are concerned.

There will likely be only one more quilt square post, when the last 3 I mentioned come in. After that, I need to get moving on the quilt. Also, there's new squares in the link on the left "100 good wishes quilt" under the other links section. That's the last one there too!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, do you have 100 already??? I am at something like 48 or so. I suck.