Here's my purse, looks innocent, harmless. In perspective, it's pretty darn small, just look at my soda next to it.What does my purse, on the outside say about me? I think it says I don't like "grandiose" crap, I like the simpler things, I cherish my shoulder joints and that I do not have an inferiority complex when it comes to purses. Heck, most other purses could kick my purses a55.
But behold the wonder of the contents within, check the photos. Here's the list of the normal contents:
Coins, lots of them
Pens
Spare set of contacts
Spare contact case
Lip gloss
Cover up
Cash, occasionally
Tissues, by the time I want to use them they aren't looking so hot, leather 'lint' and all.
Credit card 'case', I know, nearly as big as the purse...
Notes, lists, etc.
Pill case, no, not a candy case, it's the Pill Case formerly known as Candy Case
bandaids
Cell phoneHand wipes
Receipts
Blank checks
Cough drops
Pony tail holders
Sudafed
handlotion
When out and about with E:
1-2 pairs of sunglasses (e's and mine)
both cell phones
When at the movies:
I'm good for a large bag of sugar babies or jujufruits
Can of soda
So Magpie, this goes to show you that your mom is a packing whiz. It is my "extreme talent", perhaps it was something funky in the water when I was a kid. When I make you crazy unpacking the contents of your suitcase or car or whatever and then repacking it, it's only cause I love you. It's my gift to you, the gift of being able to fit even more crap into the space only a cell phone should use. It's no wonder that many a trip your dad and I took was proceeded by a major packing event. Mentally laying out the contents of the lists of things I had created days in advance of the trip. Fitting and refitting the nooks and crannies of a car or suitcase until theoretically I had filled the space. Then testing my theories out the day of the trip, sizing up the objects, orienting them 'just so' into the car so as to leave just enough room for all the occupants.
But your dad, he's gotten good at this too, to the point where I don't feel the convulsions occur when he packs the car or suitcase, though I admit I try to look away from the horror of it!
By the time you arrive, well, the groundwork will have been laid too intricately to turn back. You are coming to a home of packers, it will one day be your talent too, you can do nothing to stop it, we, the packers, are invincible and we will win you over.
Ha, take that you big purses of the world.
Ok, I ponied up for Steph's challenge, tag, you're all it... get your purse, your camera and your psych evaluation out on the table...
10 comments:
I'm very impressed with your purse. Small, cute and holds a lot of stuff.
I would NEVER post a picture of my big old purse/diaper bag.
Way too embarrassing.
Wow, you really can pack! My purse is filled with so much useless crap that I can never find the stuff I need in time.
I love people who have this talent!!!!! They are so helpful to me when I'm going on a trip, packing for a move or trying to fit stuff in the fridge for a party. This is not my talent... But, I wish it was!!! I will say though that I am a big neat freak. I constantly put things away and straighten up. It drives my husband (who is neat himself) nutty!!
That is a lot of stuff for a little purse. You ARE a packing goddess!
Keep smilin!
Totally impressed here as well. I need to know the trick of how you get what you need out of there without having to empty the whole thing out! That is always my problem if I put a lot of stuff in there.
I am impressed with your packing skills. It's like seeing 50 clowns come out of a tiny car.
Wow...thats alot of stuff in a little purse!! But can ya get to stuff when you need it, without dumping out half your bag???? If so, you ARE a goddess!!!
I am a purse fanatic (no matter how much you weigh you can always buy shoes and handbags!)
Todays purse barely fits my wallet, it cute tho!
Maryellen
Do you tutor? I could use a little help.
Yep, when traveling with DH, I too have all his stuff in my purse. Wallet, glasses etc. They are all cushioned by many many paper receipts.
I'm impressed that you can fit all of the stuff into that little bag. I guess it is all in the packing technique.
Post a Comment