Wednesday, January 31, 2007

More ALT love.


Again, it's time for another ALT love fest. I cannot express the way I feel about being part of the ALT gang. I know it's not for everyone and I know those outside the group who participate in either their agency or DTC group cannot understand, but the ALT pick up where traditional groups leave off. They give all of us the courage to say the things we wouldn't otherwise say, to vent in a safe forum, to know that even if someone's opinion is not necessarily "mainstream", they don't catch shit for it, they migth get an honest debate, but realness is the fabric of life.



here are some more squares from the most real people I know online.

The first square is this very cool, maybe batique (sp?) fabric, I've received just one other batique from Susan a childhood friend and I really love this style. The wish contains the quote "A child can ask questions that a wise man cannot answer" and mentions that Magpie should have the courage to keep asking questions and keep exploring life. Thanks.

The second square is a cool bandana print that I wish I knew the story behind. The quote they chose was from Dr. Seuss "oh the places you'll go", a book we do not yet have but I believe is on our Amazon registry. I really love the Seuss books. Thanks so much Wendy and Johnny.


The third square is like the last fabric I wish I knew the story behind it. Many of us chose fabrics that represent something about us. My friend K will recognize this quote, it's from a story she loves "Here is my secret. It is very simple. It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye". Thanks it's a beautiful square and I'm worried that I won't be able to get the pattern cut out just right... so if you have more, I may be coming to you for it!


The final square for today is from someone I met on one of the traditional DTC groups and I'm so glad to get to know her even better on the ALT board. Her wish is simple and her fabric is beautiful. The wish is for Magpie to Dream... we all need to keep doing that.

Thanks ALT's. I can't wait to receive the rest of the squares, I know sadly that there are not that many left to come in the mail. That means two things, the end of the ALT swap, bummer, and the beginning of cutting the fabric to peice the quilt together... double bummer -that's the procrastinator side of me talking. I'm sure it will be wonderful to make the quilt for Magpie.

6 comments:

comingaroundagain said...

I've never heard of ALT but it sounds like a fun group! Beautiful wishes / fabrics!!

wzgirl said...

You're welcome, LB. I'm working on a post that tells a bit about the bandana story, I think. At least about my gravitational pull toward the red/white/blue. Stay tuned.

My ALT squares have been the most wonderful gifts that I've received in all of my quilt swappery. So from the heart....lovely.

Anonymous said...

I have LOVED the ALT squares, too.

Karen said...

I need the link to this group! I want to vent, b*tch and talk some Sh*t too!!!! Please share it with me? Pretty please!?

Nikki said...

That will be such a wonderful gift for Magpie (and for you)!
I love it.

Cavatica said...

How cool to see my squish! I thought about posting my wish, but I haven't yet.