Friday, January 05, 2007

The Ugly Americans

CNN, Adoption Crackdown, and Paula Zahn, you can officially kiss my ass.

How dare you, as reporters on a nationwide and international show, behave in a manner that belongs on Jerry Springer, insinuating that we're all adopting from China for the following 3 reasons:

1. because they're all china dolls.

Cringe, you asswipe, the term China Doll refers to the Chinese version of hookers. from Wikipedia "The "China Doll" stereotype insinuates that Asian women are hypersexual, submissive, "exotic", feminine, and eager to please white males."

2. because those cute dolls will grow up to be smart doctors

Yeah, we're so shallow that's exactly why we're adopting. We think social security won't be there for us so we have to get a retirement plan somehow.

3. because we are infatuated with chinese girls.

Once again, you got us, that's in our top 3 reasons to choose China. We ourselves couldn't think of any other valid reason of course.

How dare you assume that we think adopting Chinese children will give us healthier children than the US foster kids... dumbass, we, as educated adoptive parents realize instead the truth, that these children will likely all have some sort of devleopmental delays, simply by being in an orphanage and that many of us chose china over NON-US countries because Chinese orphans will likely be healthier than other international orphans. Many of us steer clear of the US foster and adoption system due to the bureaucratic nightmare that allows us all the chance compete like we're trying to win the Miss Amer1ca pagent, to adopt a US child, love her/him dearly for a day, a month, a year, only to return the child we love to biological family of some sort.

How dare you, as a serious news reporting show, portray Chinese Adoption as some skit that belonged on Saturday Night Live instead. Is that really the best you could come up with? If you don't have a day job, here's a tip, Get One.

CNN, you've done a disservice to the nearly 50,000 adopted child from China, their parents and their parents family and friends. These adoptive parents selected China for a vaste wealth of incredibly well thought out reasons.

Perhaps instead, you ought to really investigate that question... "why don't we choose the US?" and maybe, just maybe you could do more good than harm.

You epitomize everything that is true about the term "ugly americans".

I encourage EVERY adoptive parent who witnessed this atrocious 'reporting' tonight, to go online to CNN till you find CNN on TV, then the "contact us" link. Send them some love, they need to hear it loud and clear. Our letter to them has already been sent.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bravo!!!
You said it much better than I did but I did write a scathing letter to them.

This was appalling!

Anonymous said...

Very nicely put....freakin asshats!

TBG Happenings said...

Glad I missed this interview!! Just wait until the Olympics...it is only going to get worse. I am sure there are news crews at the white swan as we speak, detailing China's largest "export". ( if I hear that one more time some one is going to die). I am going to have to check the CNN site to see if they have a link to the report ..

Maryellen

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this post Lisa!

The link to the transcript is: http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0701/05/pzn.01.html

You have to scroll to the very bottom to read it.

Send Comments to Paula Zahn Now
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form5.html?11

Contact CNN
http://www.cnn.com/feedback/forms/form6a.html?2

I sent my 2 cents in too!

4D said...

We sent ours last night. Hope they are flooded and do something about it.

Keep smilin!

C's Mom said...

I was just referred to your blog. Great piece on this issue. I do have to drag myself to the full transcript now...I've been avoiding it.

Anonymous said...

Brilliantly written!!! you go girl
this was crap news in its absolute worst!!! and that in itself is quite an accomplishment

Anonymous said...

I am also very glad I missed this but... I will read the transcripts and ruin my new found good attitude (NY resolution). Jerks!