We went shopping today to look at fabric for the back side of the quilt and for the border pieces on the front. I saw a few things I liked but I think it really needs to jump out at us, especially since the back could stand out. My mom is sending some fabric our way but I have no idea if it's squares or backing or what, I'm anxious to see it and whatever it is, it will mark the end of the squares coming in and the beginning of the quilt.
While on the way home, E stopped at Taco He11 for a bite to eat. As we're waiting in the drive through I see this sign "Stop at Tace He11 for Lent"... next to it a sign for things like cheese quesadillas, chips and salsa... Uhm, Taco He11, if we were religious and followed these "special days" and their special rules I'm not sure I would have stopped at Taco He11 for my Lent meals! Ah, the joy of marketing in America.
4 comments:
I'm impressed. Those templates look way over my head. Good luck with the quilt. Can't wait to see the finished product.
Hmmm, Jesus and Taco Hell...nice combo.
Those templates look great! I may need to get me some of those! Where did you order them? (Did I miss that bit of info?)
I should have noted it in the post. These templates, and many more like them, are available on the Baycreek Quilters site. http://www.quilttemplates.com/
They are one item in particular of great interest called the "NINE PATCH SAMPLE". It's a set of acrylic templates that has all the shapes needed to make up to 25 different block patterns, including finished block sizes of either 8, 10 or 12 inches.
They will however, if you email them, give you quotes for portions of that kit for only certain patterns, in any size you want, which is what I did. I couldn't see myself getting the whole set.
I ordered just the Cardtrick pattern. Here's the link for the page with the basic templates on it.
http://www.quilttemplates.com/templates/basicssets.html
Thanks for showing us the template. I actually wondered what the pieces looked like.
I'm laughing right now about the visit to Taco Hell. Come on....Seriously???!!!! I just can't picture folks dashing off for a few bean Taco's and a burrito on Friday's throughout Lent. My husband is Jewish (although not really practicing). Will they do special things for other religions too?? Maybe they could do without electricity for a few weeks on Friday nights and hit the Orthodox Jewish religion.
Yeah... I guess it all comes down to marketing.
Thanks for giving me a good laugh.
Post a Comment