Wednesday, February 07, 2007

9 and counting

Yeah, 9 months... something about that month is depressing... every other 'expecting' parent would be pulling together the hospital bag, soaking in the dreams of days to come. Sure, we have days to come, but the reality is we're at month 9 of a wait that no one has a clue how long it will get. Could be 24 months for our referral or it could be 18, there is not one person who knows.

And it sucks.

Enough of that. Back in March of 2006 I did a light hearted post on what a referral wait equates to if it were a 'gestation' period. Of course, given the waits were longer than human gestation periods, I had to 'widen my horizon' so to speak. So I found the chart on Animal gestations. Silly me, I was chastizing all those who claimed that from LID to referral we would have the gestation period of an elephant (510-730 days), I said we'd be closer to the gestation period of an Ass (appr 365 days), if only that were still the case.

Post on Animal Gestation Periods

Back on February 8th of 2006, we thought our wait couldn't get much worse than 12-14 months... oh naive newbies of the great slowdown of the 21st century!

Post on February 8, 2006

So for all those in the waiting period, wondering if your dream will ever come true, we are right there with you, waiting as patiently as humanly possible.

7 comments:

C's Mom said...

Already passed the hippo and headed for the whale...yeah, feels good.

You're right - it sucks!

dreamer said...

"already passed the hippo and headed for the whale"...

I'd really appreciate it if you'd stop talking about my rear end that way! LOL

Anonymous said...

Comparing myself with an elephant isn't all that great for my body image. I better lay off of those M&Ms for the next 9+ months. UGH!!!

wzgirl said...

The only really bright spot about this wait is all the funny, entertaining, kindhearted people I'm getting to know "in line". XO

Anonymous said...

You should add an "Adopting Human" to that chart, with a range of 485-730. Ugh. It does suck. Hugs to you on your 9th anniversary.

Anonymous said...

well, at least we're not asses anymore. Happy 9. And yes, it does suck. Right there with ya.

"M2" said...

I've resigned to whale hoping we don't need to find another animal!!!
cute post--where do you find this stuff?
thanks for entertaining.