I think this is the last post of ALT squares, I could be wrong, wouldn't be the first time and won't be the last, that's for sure!
I've enjoyed the ALT squares for their wishes, their originality and in many cases the connections we've personally made. I can envision conversations online about different things and I wonder the stories behind so many of the squares. I know several people have commented on how they plan to explain the story behind their's so that's cool.
I have to say, when I opened the first square envelope for today's post, I marveled at the beauty of the square. I like these free flowing designs similar to this, for those who know me as the uber organized, very structured
The second square is pretty cool. When E and I looked at the square I said to E, "man, I bet this is gonna be Magpie's favorite and she's gonna ask for a cat... that will be the first time she'll get turned down!". It's a lovely mix of shades, that deep fuschia I love with all the blues and oranges. The dog and the cat seemingly living in harmony, cool. They wished Magpie one true friend in life to
The third square is this beautiful lilac background with delicate black flowers. It's really intriguing and we've received nothing like it so far. I really like it. LIke a few other squares, it will really need careful attention as to what fabrics I match it up with to make a block for the quilt. That's going to be the hard part. The wish was to live life with an open heart. Well said.
The fourth square is deep red with whimsical clouds, at least that's what they look like to me. The wish is a magical and joyful childhood, I think, knowing E the way I do, I would say I wish for Magpie a magical and joyful childhood and life. They also
I've enjoyed all the ALT squares, now I have to figure out how to arrange them along with all the other squares that will go into the thirty 12" blocks in the quilt. These 30 blocks are made up from 120 different fabrics altogether. We have an additional 40-50 6" blocks going around the outside of the quilt like a border. I think it's going to turn out pretty nice.
3 comments:
These were so fun to get! And I am sorry I suck so bad--the new square for you is ready to be mailed tomorrow. I know, I know, you asked over a week ago. Like I said, I suck.
Mee too... I suck too. oNe thing after another, now the printer is out of ink... but the squares are cut & envelopes addressed!!!
Everytime I see these squares I am a tad bit sad that I missed out on all that when we adopted Lily...I didn't even own a computer then.
What a wonderful thing for you all to be doing. I love the 4 squares you just received -- they are all so pretty and unique. I really love the quote on the 4th one! What a great gift to give your daughter.
Post a Comment