Sunday, March 11, 2007

Typical Saturday

So weekends for us are likely to be spent running here, running there and in the process hopefully getting something accomplished. Yesterday went something like this:

Get up, get showers, eat, head out to get haircuts, eye exams, shop for a chair for E and a rug for the living room. Seems simple right? Yeah, that's what I thought.

8 hours later, we have haircuts, have paid for a rug but don't have it yet. And yeah, we bought a riding lawn mower.

Bet some of you remember my post about the amount of lawn equipment that has come into my life since E arrived... that last post was about the leaf blower. I always did yard work the harder way, it was how I got my exercise and stayed in shape in the spring, summer and fall. Riding lawn mower? Didn't see that one on the list huh? Neither did I, that chair though, that lush, wonderful, incredible chair, The One... that's still at the "Furntiure Gallery", with all his buddies. We shopped and shopped, went from this furniture store to that one, from this town to that one and in our 7th hour of trying them on for size and drooling over some of them, well, we wound up at Sear*s, 'just to look' at Riding Lawn Mowers.

Our new baby, will be here by the end of this month. Since E named his navigation system Betty, I can only imagine what the lawn mower will be named. I'm thinking "Kit" like the car in Knight Rider, that one was black and sleek too. In a way, the riding lawn mower is pretty damn sleek. It comes with all the testosterone you could want, 24 hp V twin engine, cruise control, 42" deck, bigger tires and of course, a cup holder. The amazing part... it's a lower end model, I mean, can you imagine the high end? So much for toughing it out for a year with the good ol' self propelled walk behind model. E said if I feel really bad about it and think the exercise is good, I can however still use the old one.

Oh well, I have to admit it, the one we bought will come in handy. All the attachments, when we need them, will come in handy. It can tow nearly a 1,000 lbs which given the boatload of yardwork we have coming with the yard also known as 'the construction zone', it will be nice.

While at the store though, look what we saw:

Oh, swoooooooon. I wanted that little kid tractor and tow behind cart sooooo bad. I could literally see Magpie driving hers right beside E, all proud (both of them on their riding tractor) and happy and connecting like only fathers and daughters can. Oh man, it was so hard leaving that in the store. We had always planned on not buying a riding toy for our kids, we just weren't into it, but that little tractor really pulled at my heart strings, the vision it created right there on the showroom floor next to the model we purchased.

I hate the people who are in charge of product placement in stores... some of them get it dead on, and the person who put that little Peg Perego next to the Riding Lawn mower, YOU SUCK. I will take that tractor vision with me for a long long time.

Signing off, Swooning and Sad.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry for the sad swoon. Someday, you will go back for that tractor!

Polar Bear said...

That is the cutest riding lawnmower tractor! I understand your swoon! I want one too!

Congrats on "Kit". :)

Dannye said...

that really is an adorable riding tractor/tow, I totally understand your prediciment....

wzgirl said...

Oh, go buy it Lisa - seems like Magpie really needs it. Maybe for Mother's Day? Easter? The 12-month mark??

Go get it.

dreamer said...

You guys are hilarious... sure, I could buy it, but for $220 I kind of think it's insane to buy it for a child we don't have at this point and who couldn't use it for 1-2 years afer she arrived!

But man oh man, I do want that tractor. But no, I won't get it.

However, if any of you get it, Magpie, E and I will be over pronto to help break it in :)

walternatives said...

I like the name Kit for E's newest toy "Gotta hit it with Kit..."

"M2" said...

What lawn tractor did you get--- our one year old Craftsman just bit the dust. We go through them like crazy.
I want a 4 wheeler with a bushhog
God..... what a redneck I am becoming.