We kicked off the end of a wonderful weekend on Easter morning by eating jelly beans, peeps we decorated with icing, followed up with some cadbury eggs. That was breakfast.
I also wrapped up the last few edits on the Quilt Wish Scrapbook, I started it Friday and finished it Saturday. All but the family/friend section done. Sure, that doesn't seem like much finished, but honestly the friends/family squares make up only about 25% of the squares. Right now the scrapbook is over 25 (double) pages thick in a 12 x 12 book, it's quite beautiful.
Beyond that, we met up with E's brother, his wife and daughter. Nope, not for an Easter egg hunt... not us, nope, we spent Easter and our 11 month anniversary at the Rainforest Cafe, it was a blast. Ate too much, drank too much (E and J, you guys were 1 drink wimps, T & I rule!) and laughed a lot. We had a fantastic time just catching up, talking about life and all. It was wonderful.
We finished by heading over to the Cheesecake factory for dessert where our niece proceeded to do sommersaults on the marble floor as servers dodged her flying legs and laughter! She kept trying to line up her head on the black diamonds. She was quite a lot of fun to watch. One of the best things about moving back to the Northeast is being able to spend time with people on the fly when before it was a weekend affair with lots of planning.
If moving north was a cake, the icing would be quick trips and afternoons together like the one Friday with my mom and then on Sunday with T&J. We saw them and my mom a lot even when we lived down in MD, but now, it's much easier, more spontaneous and no one has to arrange for a dog sitter or kennel!
I can't really express how I feel about each one of them but I can say we're thankful to have them in our lives. Even today on the way home from work I reminisced about the weekend and especially about E and his brother, the relationship they have, it grows deeper as time passes and is a pleasure for all of us around them and I'm grateful for it.
I can't think of a better way to spend our anniversary/Easter holiday, plus it's probably the only way we'd have had something besides jellybeans for lunch and dinner :)
I've been trying to post thankful things every week, this week I'm starting it off early. I'm thankful for the great people in our life and that this last weekend turned out to be one of the best since we've moved. Can't wait for our 12 month anniversary.
6 comments:
You guys are my kind of people, that's for sure. I'll join you in a sugarfest anytime!!! Sounds like a great day. And.... Happy 11th.
You sound so happy! I'm glad it was such a fab weekend -- oh my gosh your niece is cute lining her head up with the diamonds!!! Nothing wrong with an all sugar meal, especially at Easter (Halloween will do too)!
Cutest niece! I was all into the chocolate...having devoured it all, I was going through a bit of withdrawal symptoms by Sunday evening. All we had left by that time was hot chocolate - so I've had a lot of that too.
Icing on top of peeps?? You must have been crazy sugared up!! Very impressive!
Sounds like a great way to spend the weekend--Happy Eleven!
Breakfast of Champions! Sounds great!
I'm sure glad you got some real food to go with those drinks. :)
Congrats on your 11 LID-versary! It is hard to believe we have been at it this long. You were one of the first bloggers I conversed with and it sure doesn't seem like a year ago. Hopefully the next year will go as quickly ~ then it can slow down because I girls will be home by then. :)
Congratulations on your milestone. It must feel good to get one step closer. Hope to see you soon.
Brigit
Post a Comment