I've been a bit absorbed lately with things going on in the adoption world and well, just caught up in it all.
-the absolute joy from a colleague when he found out about the adoption, he himself is adopted and was so happy for us.
-the ever expanding wait for referrals, the current wait is turning the corner on 18 months (we're just about at 12 months... :( ).
-the news that an african american woman was approved for a special needs child, then denied by "someone" in China due to her race, though no policy or rule exists against this. In the end the denial was overturned.
-the debate over a blogger coming out of the 'disruption' closet and telling her story, her nightmare. Many readers losing sight of the underlying message of "arm yourself with info, be prepared for tough times" and instead, getting caught up in judging what happened, the choices made, the veracity of the events as told...
-the rumor that this months referrals may be 'slim' again... remember, last month was only 2 days referred.
-the realization that comes from calling the social worker to start the homestudy process all over again... in another state... with different rules... and forking over another $2,000 just to say we're still gainfully employed, still didn't get arrested for anything, that the dogs are still up to date on shots, that our well is drinkable, that our house has more than 1 bedroom, that we still have insurance, that we paid our taxes the last few years, that our birth certificates are still accurate, that our references still believe in us, that we actually want a child... joy.
-recent thoughts that we may have more than 12 months on our wait left... denial, denial.
No, not the happy happy, joy joy post, but it is the routine, rigor and normalcy of a family waiting, waiting oh so long, for our daughter in China.
I'm ok with all of this, it is what it is and well, just like when we got married, we signed on for this, for better and worse, in sickness and in health, all the days of our lives. Our desire to bring Magpie into our lives is not shortlived, this is a lifetime commitment though we certainly didn't expect it to take a lifetime to happen.
11 comments:
This wait sucks no matter how you look at it and I hope you know that I am here for you whenever you need to vent. In the meantime, it sounds like a little shoppy, shoppy might be good therapy. Give it a try. Go find some new outfits for summer. Plant wonderful flowers that the deer won't eat. Plan some weekend trips with friends. And try to keep smiling.
It is frustrating and it is long but from what I hear it is worth it in the end! Keep your eye on the end result! That is the only way I have survived this long. That and a room full of shopping for Little Lilly! LOL!
I think it is great she is sharing her story! None of us should Judge we were not there and did not walk in her shoes. It is good to be aware and somewhat prepared for what may happen!
Take Care :)
I know exactly what you mean. It is what it is.
Zen place for me (for now).
It is definitely easy to become absorbed in all of it quickly. The judging of people's decisions on the blog you mentioned has been really bothering me lately. I have a hard time finding patience with people like that.
Some days, it feels like a hurricane. Some days, a drought. Glad you're in a good place right now.
I hear ya! Your lifetime line hit the nail on the head!
Resigned and waiting...
Keep smilin!
Totally understand. . . sometimes I'm hanging in here by a thread (not sure if it's a red one either). . . .
I like to think it's a really strong thread (spiderman thread) though.
I hear you
Your last paragraph really sums it up!
wait, wait, wait....
The denial was overturned?
Sweeeeeet.
It's all a lot to think about. Sigh. Do I take it you're RedSox fans too?
Post a Comment