From our friends M and S, they sent a mousepad that went directly from unwrapping, imediately to his desk. He tossed out the previous mouse pad that moment! The mousepad had the characters for Daddy which I've always thought looks like two eyes winking. I blogged about the characters nearly a year ago (cringe, it's been over a year since I've been writing in this diary) and said one day I'd post a picture!
He also received this really really cool half case of wine from a friend of his. Wine? Yup, while we aren't wine freaks and have a hard time finding red wine we like, this wine was AWESOME. We had a bottle last week with some incredible pepperjack cheeseburgers on focaccia onion rolls(first grilling of the season). A strange combo with wine but it was awesome. The wine is from his friends family vineyard in Italy, how cool is that. It's hard to find in the US but we highly recommend it, it's a more mild red than most, definitely not the fullness of a merlot which is why we like it.
6 comments:
Those really are some great gifts. Some how I hadn't seen the characters for baba before -- it really does look like eyes winking -- complete with eyebrows! Your burgers sound amazing - it's 7 am on Sunday and I actually think I could eat one now.
Have you ever tried valpolicalla?
it's a nice soft italian red... easy to find
I've never found a red wine that I like so I just may have to sneak a taste or two when I come a visiting. You didn't say what E's old mousepad looked like but I'm sure the new one is much better. I can't seem to find things like this locally so you'll have to have S email me with her hints so I can go shopping there too. And...what is a "mess free" coloring kit? That sounds like a contridiction in terms to me.
Anyway, I'm glad you had a great Bday E. Maybe next year we can join you for the celebration.
cool coloring
Sexy, sexy wine. I love saying Montepulciano! Ver Sex-hay!!
The characters do look like two eyes winking. And about that vineyard in Italy, you'll be visiting sometime before the referral, yes?
Post a Comment