Thursday, April 05, 2007

Stuffed Stuff

Recently, another blogger online made some stuffed animals that reminded me of one of my favorite stuffed creatures and every so often I come across something online or elsewhere that makes me smile.

The stuffed animals, if you can call them that, E and I both love. We hope to snag a few for Magpie in the coming months.

Go ahead, don't be shy, click the link below:

UGLY DOLLS

My favorites are Moxy and Ox.

The story behind the creation of the dolls is fantastic, about being turned down by all the traditional big toy makers and going solo, launching the dolls from the grass roots and beating the pants off the toy manufacturers who later on came looking for a contract... Love it.

7 comments:

Polar Bear said...

They are so ugly they are cute! Love the story behind them.

I love JR home-made dolls, too.

Nikki said...

That is a great story!

I'll have to show my daughter -- I don't know if she would love 'em or run scared!?

walternatives said...

Bop & Beep live at my house, waiting (and waiting and waiting) to be played with.

Anonymous said...

These are great! I actually cut a pattern out for a goofy monstery thing kind of like these the other night, but haven't finished it off yet.

Anonymous said...

Very cute (in an ugly kind of way). Magpie will love them, I'm sure. Good story too.

Anonymous said...

Bop and Beep and UglyDog sit in the highchair, waiting for The Bee. I still covet the Ice Bat, though!

Debra Sue said...

I got Moxy for Christmas this year, and boy do I love me some Ugly!
By the time we get Ruby, she wont have a need for no stinkin' pretty babies, she'll be covered in Uglies!