Monday, April 02, 2007

Thank you to our Secret Pal

Our Secret Pal continues to send us wonderful and oh so thoughtful gifts, which for those who know me best know how much the thought means to me.

The February theme was "Chinese New Year" and our pal sent us a wonderful subscription to a cooking magazine called "One". Ok, stop laughing mom (and everyone else), I do cook sometimes and well, E and I should cook more often. The magazine is wonderful, it's recipes from 'normal' people rather than pros and for the most part the recipes seem fairly straightforward.

She also sent along some wonderful spices and we've used them already when grilling some chicken, it was pretty good. It's taken a long time since we lost Sophia to get back to living and part of that was cooking. It's something I've always associated with my mom and the loss of Sophia was also the loss of being able to create those memories with our daughter. Cooking became something that triggered thoughts of memories that will never happen with her and for over a year I really avoided it.

Life continues to move on around us and bit by bit, we move on too, cooking is just one aspect of that. I've finally felt the urge to cook again early this year so thank you for your gift, the timing was great.

The March theme was diaper bag items, though for the secret pals overseas, it's "nappy bag items"! Our Pal sent us nearly the same items we sent to ours, even down to the formula divider. The little stuffed bear is the softest most huggable toy I've picked up and it's wonderful, I hope Magpie loves it as much as we do.

It's been wonderful having the Secret Pal we have while on this journey and we continue to look forward to the package each month. It reminds us that our dream is real and that we need to continue to celebrate each month that passes, no matter how long the wait it, each passing month brings us closer to Magpie.

2 comments:

TBG Happenings said...

I love sending my secret pal her gifts each month as much as I like getting our goodies! Shopping for someone else kind od gives makes ok to be looking at all that baby stuff:)

Great gifts!

maryellen

TBG Happenings said...

I love sending my secret pal her gifts each month just as much as I like getting our goodies!
Shopping for someone else kind of makes it ok to be looking at all that baby stuff:)

Great gifts!

maryellen

need to make sure I reread before I post :) tired already and it is only Monday...