
We celebrated my husbands birthday with a "surprise" 35th birthday party I threw at our house with friends and family yesterday. I hope everyone who came had as much fun as E and I had spending time with them, laughing, etc.

I've included some pictures from the evening. Our niece was so much fun to have at the party, it's amazing how the dynamics of an event can change with a child in the room. At one point she had several extra balloons made so she could go around the room and personally decorate each one with ears, eyes, "smiles", etc, she even knew which persons was which when they were dropped on the ground, "no, that's john's", "no, that's mario's", it was pretty amazing her ability to remember.


I am grateful those who could make it and that hopefully everyone had a good time. From the sourcream smearing contest while we ate tacos, to the surprise on E's face when he saw The Police concert tickets, to the sheer joy on the face of E and our niece when they hugged after opening presents, to just spending time with a lot of wonderful people I'm glad are in E's life, yesterday was wonderful and for that I'm grateful.

Though in the end, E, when asked if it was a surprise, said "I knew something was up when she said 'let's make the bed'!", oh well, it was a surprise till that morning! At the end of the evening after everyone left, E said "wow, 35, now I'm old", I said "no, now
we're old, you're just joining me!".
Wait, I think I hear AARP knocking honey, you might want to get the door.
A very Happy 35th Birthday to my wonderful husband, can't wait for Magpie to join us, perhaps by his 36th... we can only hope. No matter what, we continue to look forward to that day more than most can imagine.
8 comments:
Happy Birthday to Eric at the ripe old (Ha) age of 35! Sounds like a great party and wonderful way to bring in the year.
Happy Birthday!
What a fun party. I LOVE the balloons! Those are great.
Enjoy the concert.
Happy Birthday, E! Sounds like a great party. And if it helps, you can always tell E that now he is old enough to run for president! Gotta look for those milestones, haha.
How FUN!! Happy BDay E - and you aren't really old. But, the Police are.....
Have a blastola at the concert. And, please, blog about it.
Happy Burthday to E! 35 You guys are super young! I am 38 and Joe is 43. Your niece is adorable! Love the balloons very cute! The Police how lucky is he!
Happy Birthday to Eric!! Looks like a fun time!! I applaud you for pulling it off too!
We were part of a surprise birthday celebration for one of my friends/coworkers 2 weeks ago (but his bday is today) and we really 'got' him.
I can see how it can be a tricky thing to keep it all secret. The effort, and everyone coming together to recognize anothers' birthday is what makes it all so fun though.
Happy happy birthday Eric!!!!!! 35 years old is young or at least that's what I tell myself because that will be me next year. I love the pictures -- so cute. It's hard to surprise someone under 40 as they are still young enough to realize what is going on. However, once you turn 40... it's a big surprise!
Happy b-day to your hubby.
Glad the party was a success, and yes, the birthdays will just get sweeter and sweeter when Magpie is celebrating with you!
Post a Comment