This weekend is likely to be quite full of highs. we are hosting the fabulous M and C from "Desperately Seeking Sunshine" and their son.
we have also arranged a picnic in the park with some local families. I am most excited by this, they've all recently come home from China so the picnic will be
Combine that with another fabulous weekend last week when my best friend of like 25 years (I wince when I say that, with pride!), her husband and her daughter came for a visit. (thanks for our newest ugly doll, its awesome) We went to the Gorgeous Shelburne Falls Massachusetts for a day trip. Simply such a cute little town where we picked up a peice of art for Magpie's room. We were so torn, there were 3 pictures we loved but alas, the price of art in small tourists towns in outrageous. Besides, I may be able to work some magic with my scrapbook supplie to come close to it if I decided I still wanted something like it.
We closed last weekend off with an awesome show at The Police concert in Hartford. Can I just say that Stewart Copeland doesn't get the press he deserves. You have not seen a drummer weave magic with all sorts of percussion instruments until you've seen him in concert. His multiple solos were fantastic, especially the one with Wrapped Around Your Finger where he alone started the song off for quite a fabulous bit with a percusion solo (without a drum in sight).
I'll see you on the flip side.
6 comments:
The drumming is always my fave part of any concert. And, Stewart ROCKED this summer. You can sense his intensity and passion - even from the nosebleeds where we were. And, his geekiness. Very enduring.
Yes, kudos to Stewart Copeland...he was always my favorite, even back then.
Being married to a drummer, I can totally appreciate the skill it takes. I've not seen the Police, but I saw U2 a few years ago and was about 150 feet away from Larry Mullen Jr. Damn. Drummers have the best hands.
I love me some Ugly dolls, and Magpie's racking up! At our house, Moxie is safely put away and is patiently hanging out with Animal from the Muppets. Glad yours has some company too.
Ok, those are the ugliest, cutest dolls I've ever seen! Can you share what they're named/called and where they got 'em?
Honestly, some days, I feel like that green one.
It was nice to meet you today at the park...even though we didn't really talk much. Any questions you have, please don't hesitate to ask.:-)
I hope you had a super fun time with M and C!!! I'm sure you guys did!!
Hey... I LOVE those Ugly Dolls! I especially like the green one with one eye and the cute little tongue.
The Police rock!! That must have been one great concert!!
Post a Comment