Friday, August 17, 2007

a few of my favorite things...

(with that title I can't help but hear Mary Poppins in my head...)

Recently the most gorgeous bouquet of flowers arrived at my office. What's the occasion you might ask?

Just celebrating one year closer to 40!

E sent these from our favorite online place, which I swear, once you use you'll never go back. Flowers are sent "bulk" in a long stem type box, shipped direct at prices way way below the major chains you probably use. Sure, I had to actually lift the 2 bunches out of the box, cut the stems and muster up some more muscle to place them in the vase (also shipped in the box).

Boy, that was tough work (sarcasm).

Though roses are not typically my preference, E saw me eye these some time ago and arranged for them to arrive. Bea-u-ti-ful. And they really perked up my fairly boring and drab office. Check out the close up of the 2 color roses. it's not your typical 2 color where the center is one color and the edges/tips of the petals are another. Nope, these are striped/or striated I guess.

The website for this type of delivery service is:


Proflowers.com


Ok, on a totally different and not related note, the second Monarch Caterpillar just became a crysalis so I have 2 ready to go.

The first one, though it should have 'hatched' late this week isn't quite there yet. It can take longer and I'm hoping it comes out. Likely though we won't see it happen as we're fairly busy this week and hauling it along with us in the car everywhere is probably not the best plan... especially because of all the plants in the 'jungle', they formed a crysalis on the same stalk.

Here's the latest picture, click on it and you can see the wings just under the surface.

6 comments:

"M2" said...

Did you subliminally imply it was your birthday????

HAPPY 39!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

or if I'm wrong... scratch that

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!! LOVE THOSE FLOWERS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful flowers!! I hope you have a Happy Birthday!

Anne Marie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!

Cavatica said...

Happy birthday!!! Those are gorgeous flowers! And I love watching the crysalis progress.

C's Mom said...

Beautiferous!

Happy Birthday :0)