Sunday, August 19, 2007

Weekend Musings

What an absolutely wonderful birthday weekend. I've often said that the good part of being back in "New England" is being able to do day trips to visit some of the people we're closest to, including family. But the down side? It's rare we make a weekend out of it, and the weekends are normally the best.

We stayed the weekend with E's brother and his family, always a hoot!

From having a blast watching our niece while they attended a baseball game (go Redsox way to pull out a win!) to watching E and our niece both get this "eyes glazing over" look while watching Chip n' Dale! Watching her is a great and we're glad to be a part of their family and their circle.

We also attended a great pool party there on Sunday, along with E's sister and our nephew. Good news is that the dogs have come a long way, Ginger is no longer an idiot around other dogs, and Zane is no longer as skitish/annoying as she once was. No chasing kids, no craziness, they've come so far, but man was it lots of work. The pool party had lots of people and kids alike, on the way home we shared the thought that we wish Magpie was already home to experience all this. It's not the first, and it won't be the last time we've thought this or someone else has said this to us. It's a constant sort of guiding force in our lives.

Weekends like this make being back in New England all that much more special.

We closed by trying to clean up a bit at home, as we are hosting a Sunday barbecue for friends from work and will be out all day Saturday on a trip celebrating my birthday, though E will not say yet where we're going, I have my guesses:) I checked on the 1st crysalis... no luck, it may not ever hatch as it's past it's due date, I think it's 10-14 days. we're at day 15, bummer, I have one left which is due to hatch next Sunday.

Should be a blast, it also closes our last hectic weekend of the summer.

(last but NOT least, the peice of crap stove leaves this week and our new fantastic, stove comes in it's place)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you have had a good birthday weekend! Happy B-day, my friend. Luckily you are not as close to 40 as I am....ugh!

wzgirl said...

Sweeeet new stove!!! Happy LBDay!!

C's Mom said...

Sounds like a fun, busy weekend but I have to say I am seriously distracted by your sexy new stove.