While waiting to get in for our fingerprints, the person in charge of letting people in the front door stated the following:
blah blah blah "... no food, no guns, mace, chemical weapons of any kind allowed in. Also, no cell phones. And no, you cannot just turn them off. If found they will be confiscated and crushed. I personally know how to make a bomb, thanks to the military training I've received, out of a cell phone that can kill 6 people".
yaaaahhhhhhhh, riiiiight. A) I'd like to challenge him to make that bomb and B) how did he arrive at lucky number 6?
blah blah blah "... only those who have official business will be allowed to enter. Your girlfriends, your wife, someone else's wife who is your girlfriend. Leave them all outside. Oh, and, no babies allowed inside except for those requiring fingerprints. I mean that, NO babies, under any condition. So you ma'am, you need to leave the baby outside".
he actually said that, in a downtown city center area, to a mom with a baby who was likely just a few months old that she was carrying in a carrier. What was she supposed to do? Just leave her on the street?
Oh, yeah, fingerprints, renewal application, homestudy update:
Check.
Check.
Check.
Speaking of checks, we have yet to fork over cash, though the jury is out on that, we've got a chance either way of parting with some hard earned cash or being able to get a freebie. Since each local office of the federal government has chosen to interpret a FEDERAL rule differently, many folks across the country are getting free renewals... some are just getting screwed over by The Man.
And finally, how many USCIS officers does it take to do fingerprints?
One to hold all the terrorists babies at bay outside.
One to give out tagged numbers (we were #1 and #2 fo the day) and date your form.
One to do the fingerprints.
3 others to watch the guy doing the fingerprints and chit chatting about some important stuff I'm sure.
7 comments:
I think I would leave a complaint. Not that it would ever be heard but I didn't think people were allowed to say the word bomb on government facilities?! I hate the USCIS office....and the passport office!
But aren't the terrorist babies making bombs out of the cell phones left with them?
I thought my USCIS office was a goofy place, yours sounds psychotic.
Ok, you got me laughing out loud with the leaving the baby outside thing. I'm starting to wonder if there is a plot to make us all go crazy. What do you think?
By the way, read my post today. We are in sync with our fingerprinting drama posts.
Huh-larious! Hahahaha! Except the part where you may have to pay Tha Man - that a'int right.
I can't wait to go get our fingerprints b/c I'm wondering if they are still playing that Celine Dion concert dvd in the *upstairs* waiting room. If so, I may just fall out laughing. God, I hope they are still playing it....
That is too funny!!! He sound like a character in a movie... a really really messed up movie.
My child likes to play with my cellphone... could there be something more at play here??? Now I"m worried. Ha!!!!
You are too funny. Did the lady leave the baby outside or convince the guy that the baby won't blow up the building?
I ended up paying another approx 600 dollars when we renewed. This was before they started to take pity on the poor waiting parents.
We need to get together soon. YOu may want to catch Sam and I before we go back to work, as we will be very sad.
Talk to you later.
Brigit
What the...????? You can't make this stuff up. Leave the baby outside? Oh. my. god.
Post a Comment