***********************************
We spent Saturday closing out my birthday with a "surprise", E, all full of himself and proud that he could fool me and I didn't know what the surprise was... he laid hints like a gardener planting seeds. Throwing some here, some there, some perhaps to cast away suspicions, it's hard to tell with him. I've learned that some clues aren't to help you figure things out, but to help you gain a sense of "cluelessness".
His response was classic and I knew in an instant I had guessed it, with my first guess, though to be honest I had waited weeks to give my guess. He said "what would make you say that? Out of nowhere, you say 'butterfly conservatory', I mean really, what would make you say that? You looked at this piece of paper didn't you?" (as he holds up directions to it that were located in his side pocket)
Nope, I didn't, but he did drop one clue last weekend that made me think it was the place.
The Butterfly Conservatory we went to was small but still awesome. This is the third one I've been to and I love it no less than the other 2. In fact, I likely enjoyed it more as he was nearly able to surprise me with it. we spent over an hour walking in circles, taking just one more picture. It was fantastic.
AFterward a bit of mexican at a place we've enjoyed in the past and a lovely drive home as I caught a very rare catnap.
*********************
Fastforward to today and we were hosting a party for friends from work. I was bummed not everyone could make it and a bit taken back by one person who fawned about being invited, only to cancel 5 minutes before it was to start... I think we were raised with manners and this is the problem!
As we said goodbye to the last guest I pulled out a gift we had been given by one of my colleagues. he's in China for 6 months and home this weekend for a wedding so he was able to come over. He picked up a beautiful silk embroidery, I never realized how intricate the embroidery could be. Coincidentally another guest brought a fresh bouquet of them too.
The artwork is sure to brighten either my office or our home, but it's hard to tell exactly where it should be... stay tuned.
2 comments:
So glad you have a wonderful bday. While I was in China I was so impressed with the embroidery paintings that I saw. Absolutely beautiful.
Oops I mean had a wonderful bday!
Post a Comment