Sunday, October 07, 2007

Happy 17th

Another absolutely productive month of referrals, boy, time is just whizzing by, amazing.

Rumor has it this is the smallest, in terms of numbers of referrals, not number of days, month in a long long time. Just try and find families who received referrals and it's like trying to find a poor person in Monaco, few and far between.

Oh joy.

The current tally folks:

5 days of referrals, remove the weekends and it's a 3 day month.

The current wait is a cool 22+ months.

They've finished reviewing Dossiers from August 2006.

We celebrate our 17th month tomorrow.

So we have just 5 months left right? yeahhhh, riiiiigghhhhht. Not so fast on the easy math, it's more like we're just rounding the corner on halfway there (for like the 5th of 6th time since I started the blog).

The strange thing in all this? That several agencies found out matches are further ahead, perhaps as far as December (2005) or January (2006)... but for some reason the matches are not being released by the CCAA. Why? There is no logic that makes it 'right', don't try.

I've said it before and I'll continue to say it again, it's a new day in the world of Chinese adoption. A new day indeed.

(a brighter post tomorrow on our weekend to try and get away)

2 comments:

C's Mom said...

Congrats on 17 all the same. One of these days we'll get there...one of these days.

Samantha said...

I thought we had a long wait! How fustrating, my guess is the Olympics. I am so sorry I know how hard it is and how bad it feels! To tell you the truth now that I have Lilly I don't even remember how long we waited. There is a beautiful baby girl at the end of the excruciating wait! You will have to come visit soon! My Mom is helping me out this week.