Thursday, October 04, 2007

Life's little ironies

The wait for a Chinese adoption to be completed is so long...

(the crowd echos:)

How long is it?!

It's so long that in the time it takes to get a referral, Britney Spears can get married, have 2 kids, shoot to the top of the charts, hit the bottom of the charts, get divorced, go in and out of rehab more times than a baby changes its diapers in one day, and last but not least, lose her kids.

LIfe's little ironies.

So far we've done our paperwork twice, gone through 2 mother's days, 2 fathers days, 2 birthdays for me, 1 for E, 1 Christmas, 1 anniversary of Sophia's death...

we have likely 1 maybe 2 more mother's and fathers days, 1 more birthday for me, 1-2 for E, 2 Christmas's, 2 more 11/19 anniversary and another round of paperwork renewals.

Life's little ironies.

I can hardly wait to see what Britney can accomplish during the second half of our wait, she's done sooooo much already.

(yes, that's the resounding thud of disappointment, not a pity party, just disappointment, if only China were as productive as Britney.)

6 comments:

C's Mom said...

Ah, if only.

RamblingMother said...

I so know the wait sucks and you will always remember this wait. Holding the baby doesn't erase the memories but holding your baby will give you, hopefully, the reason behind the wait. Please do not think I am being trite because I am not. I hate that the CCAA is seemingly so slow.

I will say however that I wish I were waiting now. I couldn't get the dossier completed in time as I am a single but I do have one daughter from China so I count my blessings with her and have much regret that I wasn't able to complete another dossier.

beverly

Kathryn said...

That's so funny I was thinking the same thing about poor crazy Britney. Add to that Angelina and how she managed to add to her brood from all ove the world while we wait on China. (I hate to admit this but I read some of those celeb blogs like PerezHilton and check to see what Britney the unfortunate trainwreck is up to.)That poor girl needs some serious intervention.

Brigit & Dave said...

I had a friend who had two children during my 18 month wait as well. She is a fit mother, but i remember thinking how crazy that was. Also, Angelina and Brad added two adopted and one bio child to thier brood.

Hang in there. It will come to an end.

Brigit

Cavatica said...

Urgh!

Anne Marie said...

I read a blog entry by a woman with toddler's. For whatever reason, her husband asked her three year old son, "What's life?", and without missing a beat, the kid said, "NOT FAIR!".