Sunday, January 13, 2008

A kickoff

Though 2008 may not bring all of our wishes, it certainly has already been quite a kick off of good times already.

Last night, a little real world get together with friends, some I've known since before we moved to CT, some we are 'just getting to know'. We spent an awesome time with Colleen, Jim & Hannah, hailing from "Journey to Ms Hannah" and Sam, Joe and Lilly, hailing from "Lilly's Adoption" (PW protected, no link).

Funny moments/memories:




Hannah doing an impersonation of Schwarzenegger (it's one of the videos on this post, but the camera didn't do so hot on dim lighting).

The guys 'struting their stuff' on Wii boxing (though E pulled a muscle!!!)

Turning around to see one of the girls confiscating the beer. Admittedly, this is the 3rd time we've seen (different kids) a 1-1.5 year old taking off with the beer. Seem a rite of passage to me.

A discussion of whether Colleen said "Wii" or "Weed"... we won't go beyond that here.

Kudos for multitasking as I carried a wine glass, camera and child upstairs.

Colleen and Sam each mentioning how their girls HATE to be changed... right as Hannah and Lilly kicked off death match 1 wrestling over the changing pad, each one wanting their diaper changed first.

*****************************

We had such a great time, that on the drive home E mentioned had he seen a guest room he would have stayed the night, we were THAT comfortable, minor detail about the fact our dogs would be a bit ticked about that arrangement.

E and I are surrounded by those who have children, who struggle with every day life like us, who realize that life is not perfect, but it is what you make of it. So today, on this day of 'rest', I am ever grateful for the most awesome time we had last night feasting on a never ending sea of Hors D'oeuvres, dessert and wine, and last but not least, friendships.


Enjoying friends and their kids. Dreaming, envisioning, yet again, what our day will be like when it finally comes. E and I are fulfilled, by what life continues to bring to us in the way of friends. I cannot help but wonder at times how we've gotten so lucky to be surrounded by such great warmth and support.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

It was definitely a great night! Hopefully the first of many!

C's Mom said...

Oh that looks like a great time! I would have loved to crash that party.

Colleen said...

We had a fabulous time! I am so glad that you came over....and of course came with the dip and pumpkin bars (of which I finished today). I haven't had that much fun in a long time. I love you guys and can't wait to do it again soon.

And yes...I did say WII....and yes...you are a great multitasker!

Brigit & Dave said...

Looks like a great time by all. Sounds like you are kicking off the year right.

And it will only get better.

Brigit

4D said...

Fun times!

Keep smilin!

wzgirl said...

Love that very first pic of all the guys looking at (I'm pretty sure) the tube. Classic.

Friends, hors d'oeuvres, fun on the level of pulling muscles, warmth & support - priceless.