So, I won a trifecta this week...
not only was work insane (but not stressful insane), but my work hard drive crashed on the day I had to report out to the management team on the reviews for the engineering and quality groups (the night prior I spent many hours building the cases and documenting performance, ughhhh).
We have a new computer with bugs being worked out of the set up... well, the 2 home computer networks went to war like 2 kids trying to squeeze through the doorway at the same time in an effort to get to something really cool first, in this case the internet... so no internet, they shut each other out.
E is out of town (hence the home computer is not fixed) and has his laptop with him.
3 computers, no internet.
Onto the title, lots more to talk about but perhaps another day.
So, at the end of the first day of the review meeting we have a management team dinner. At our table of 12 are mainly managers above my level, including my boss. A few drinks for some of them later and well they really opened up, but honestly, I have the pleasure of working with some very funny and very human people. As the conversation turned, or took a dive, we came upon the subject "Bad Naked".
My coworker and I turned to each other clueless.
Several upper level managers went on to talk about Bad Naked, as they said, "you know, like in Seinfeld" (found out later it was the Friends episode with "Naked Guy"). But they insisted it was really about "Ugly Naked". My friend asked "Ugly Naked"? The Managers start sharing Ugly naked stories, one saying, "when I get out of the shower, and sometimes see myself naked in the mirror and I shake my head and say to myself, 'man is that some Ugly Naked', then I'm really nice to my wife that day".
the table was roaring. Seriously, at that point the stories about being married, most of them 20-30 years, started flying. Each of them insisting if for some reason they were no longer married they couldn't go through it again, they couldn't learn to share a bathroom again, they couldn't handle all that Ugly Naked as you age, they couldn't learn to share a house again. With 'just' 7 years under our belts... too funny.
The person describing Ugly Naked... my boss, a very very funny moment that taught me, perhaps like myself, there's more than a few people out there not to judge by the cover on the book. I learned to appreciate the fact that he's funny, that he's human, and that he doesn't think he's perfect. Not a bad night.
4 comments:
That does sound like some fun convo to put a wrap on the week.
Then again, now I can only think of your boss naked and I have no idea what the guy looks like to begin with.
The boss naked... errr... I then just pictured mine like that... errrr even more... hehehe... take care
Ha Ha your boss is funny! Happy Chinese New Year!!!!!!
there is now better way to get to know the people you work with than over a few drinks,i recently went out with mu deputy head and had a whale of a time it was great to tear up the dance floor and then talk about things that you would never talk about in the works canteen. however the ugly naked thing never been done but will deffo bring it up the next time we have a few drinks.
Post a Comment