The scene, our living room, E and I curled up on the couch together this evening discussing some recent events we witnessed outside of our life, some very disappointing events to be as honest as I can without discussing the who, what or when.
Then Zane walks over and puts her head on my legs, E and I petting her while her tail (ok, more like nub) wags gently back and forth. E says to me "Zane just wants to give love" and I say "that's the beauty with dogs E, they just want to give and receive love, they have nothing but honest love to give".
Why is it that people, especially the ones you are or want to be closest to aren't the same way?
I don't know quite frankly.
I know that one day Magpie will unfortunately feel that deep, overwhelming and in some cases anxiety inducing loss that comes with realizing that not everything that happens is fair or pleasant, but may she never crave love or respect that is vital and fleeting.
3 comments:
If only people could be more like dogs, the world would be a wonderful place! They love unconditionally and are so forgiving! Some people are quite selfish and so busy thinking of themselves they are incapable of being considerate and empathetic to others!
Animals are so wonderfully uncomplicated. We could learn so much from them.
Hugs. Dogs are THE best, even better than chocolate.
Post a Comment