
When E and I first met and started dating he got in the habit of sending flowers 'just because'. I actually prefer them that way, a bundle picked up from the grocery store on the way home, a bouquet sent to work from time to time, it never really mattered where he picked them up, just that he did.
And then we lost Sophia and our house was like a funeral home, for weeks. Arrangement after arrangement, man I grew to dread the doorbell, it unfortunately wasn't normally someone stopping by to check on us, but rather another arrangement of flowers symbolizing her death.

It took over year before I warmed up to flowers again, but they came on special days only and things had changed. But the last year or so we've returned to "just because" and I really enjoy it again.
Here's to the importance of doing things "just because".
5 comments:
Beautifully written...
Hope you are well. Happy Easter to you, E, and the wee dogs.
That is the way I like flower best too...just because. But because I owned a flower shop for a while and didn't want to look at them all the time at home too, C got out of the habit. I keep trying to hint that he can start the "just because" again but he still hasn't caught on. Maybe E can help remind him...when we get to visit. Hopefully very soon.
Happy Easter and Happy Spring to you both and the fur babies too!
Hugs & Love from all 3 of us!
I'm glad "just because" is back. Happy Easter.
I agree 100% of 'just because'... have a great easter... oh... check out my 'just because' - my Tink Saucer/Cup... it is from the 60's we think... take care
Hee Hee I laugh because I was telling Joe you get flowers just because from E. I then started singing "You don't buy me flowers anymore!" He then brought me flowers today! So Thanks for getting me some flowers!
Post a Comment