Sunday, March 02, 2008

Weekends

I can hardly wait for the time in our lives when weekends start with a child jumping on the bed at the crack of dawn, working the dogs into a frenzy and us as parents into a stupor.

But for now, we occupy our weekends in different ways. Some slightly more productive than others. Take for instance this weekend, we caught TWO, count them TWO movies back to back at the theater (Jumpers and Definitely Maybe). Neither one of us had ever done that so it was kind of fun. We loaded up on goodies at Target and stuffed all our pockets first (of course we ate it all before the first movie was half over). Even with matinee prices it was still nearly $50 for 2 movies, 2 slices of pizza and a water (we ran out of the stuff from Target). Ouch. So we held off on the dinner out at a little Italian place like we had planned on.

It was on my mind though that one of these days we'll be taking Magpie along to movies, perhaps even taking in the kids movies on the weekends where it's set up for toddlers and infants and no one cares about screaming kids or interruptions. One of these days we'll be part of the club.

Until then, we partake in our own version of weekends, including making a snowman for the first time in our marriage. We've been getting snow nearly every week for a while now, and I have to say, though I love snow, ..., "UNCLE"!

Kind of funny it took us so many years, nearly 7, to do it! The dogs had a good time, neither one of them had ever seen a snowman and if anyone remembers the post where Zane eats snowballs... well the picture of her and Ginger eating the snowman starts to make sense. We couldn't keep them away from it, as I was rolling the body parts, they were doing drive bys grabbing a piece in their mouth, when the snowman was put together they stood there like they were at an all you can eat buffet.

And finally, sorry mom, but we couldn't resist giving the snowman just a little extra something to make her stand out in a crowd.

I'm so excited for the day we wake up to a child or children jumping on our bed waiting to play in the snow. Handing us an odd assortment of mittens, boots and jackets for all of us to wear.

I'm off to make a cake for a retirement get together tomorrow of one of my team members. I'll post about the cake later, it's a very spring type cake and quite yummilicious. I made it a few weeks ago to celebrate a very important award given to 2 of my team members and well, E was none too happy that he didn't get any... so I am making 2 of them.

(coming up, a couple more posts to close out our trip to Germany, just in time to start sharing our spring plans for travel and hosting of friends.)

9 comments:

Jenni said...

Sounds like a fun and relaxing weekend. We keep talking about seeing a movie, we haven't gone to one since August, but they're are so expensive!

C's Mom said...

Those pooches munching on that snowman is an awesome shot. Too funny. Tell them to avoid that yellow snow...wait, they MADE the yellow snow ;0)

The back to back movies sounds like a good way to spend a cold day....short of that kiddo jumping on your bed and wanting to play in the snow that is.

Michele said...

I can't remember the last time we saw a movie in a theater. I'm thinking we have to remedy that real soon.

Very good job on the snow woman. I've never seen one with ta-ta's before.

Kristy said...

That picture with your dogs and the snowman is just awesome!!!!

I love it!!

monkey said...

i love reading you blog after a stressful day it helps me relax and smile.it makes me think to the future and what to look forward too. you have a wonderful life and your going to make fantastic parents.

Magpie is so very lucky

Colleen said...

I'm lovin these pics!! Too cute. Looks like the dogs are acting all proud that they made the snowman themselves... LOL!!

Movie?? Been a while since I've been to one. I'm all ready for a girls nite for the Sex and the City movie!

wzgirl said...

We're looking forward to those morning bed jumping days our own damn selves.

Love the bodacious snowlady.

Project Ni Hao said...

Yay for snowwoman! I love it!

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

That is the one thing why we had snow so when we got Shauna we could rug up and go make snowmen etc... I do love your snowlady though... hehehe...