Hmm, 2 weeks since I last posted, seems like even longer. Since then we've had a few weekend get togethers, some "fun" on a side trip, referrals have come through again...
So where are we? We're waiting like everyone else, in this long line that seems to stretch on forever. Referrals have arrived this week for families with LID's on or before January 9, 2006. Seems relatively close to ours, but at the rate referrals have come the last 4-6 months, our timeline continues to stretch out to likely August to October 2009.
Yes, 2009.
So we fill our life in other ways than just waiting, finding things that give us joy and pleasure while we wait for the ultimate honor and pleasure, that of being parents.
A few weekends ago we caught up with my bestest in town buds, Colleen and Sam. Dinner and amusement at Sam's place, what a hoot. And let me tell you, Sam can cook a mean pasta dish and garlic bread... I could have chowed down all night long. Seeing the girls play together, laugh like bandits and have us in tears was incredible. Also a big shout out and THANKS to both families for their wonderful gifts for Magpie, we'll definitely put it all to good use.
Last week I was chatting with an engineer who works for me, catching up with recent events and I mentioned my weekend get together with Sam's and Colleen's families. He cocked his head strangely and said "you've met people locally?". Uhm Yes I replied, we've been here nearly 2 years, shouldn't we have local friends? Sort of made me scratch my head but I'm running into this type of conversation with more and more people at work and it reminds me that life moves so fast we all forget to hook up and make those local connections, both in work and outside of it.
Lilly finds that one last accessory that a girls got to have:
Lilly and Hannah go about the bubbles each in their own way:
I sort of, ok I do, envy Colleen and Sam, they have a great travel group that continues to meet every so often, nearly a year after they travelled to China together. E and I will never have that connection with so many local families as we are the only ones who will be in our "travel group".
Were it not for the adoption we wouldn't have met Sam and Colleen, and so tonight I say a big hearty thanks to Sophia and Magpie, for bringing us the riches of new friendships.


2 comments:
We had fun! I am so glad we have met! I am lookng forward to the next get together! I can't wait to Thank Magpie in person. I really hope we don't have to wait until October 2009.
We will ALWAYS have our local group (you, me and Sam). Even tho it may not be your "travel" group - we will have a friendship for us and all of our girls for a lifetime. I am so glad that our paths have crossed and I look forward to your journey getting sweeter.
Post a Comment