Wednesday, September 09, 2009

It was a mistake, I swear!

I am just SICK... and TIRED of hearing people, in all walks of life say "it was a mistake" in reference to something that has happened that shouldn't have.

I don't care if it's a DWI or an affair or some shit that came out of your mouth that shouldn't have or speeding or pregnancy or whatever.

For the love of Pete, there is a world of difference between a MISTAKE and a CHOICE.

Now I will give you, that if you make a mistake one time... perhaps it COULD be a mistake... at least until you learn and see consequences, but when you do it repeatedly? That's free will folks.

Almost everything that happens in life is a choice, very little happens by "accident", which let's face it is what a 'mistake' is. It's the "oh shit" of life. It is NOT the "well I faced with lots of choices and I choose what was behind curtain A instead of what I should have done which is behind curtain B".

Seriously? Do people really think saying "I made a mistake" justifies what they've done or makes it better or removes the guilt? As if we're all falling for it. Oh honey, that was a good one, I'm so glad it was only a mistake.

I don't buy it, so don't ever sell it to me. I have respect for someone who can say "I made a poor choice, I'm sorry" but have much much less respect for those who say "what do you want, it was just a mistake"... as if. I know the good choices I've made in life and the not so good choices. But they were mine to make and for better or worse almost everything in my life has been my choice. This is the nature of being human, the ability to choose a destiny.

This is the same for EVERYONE out there, other than maybe 3 years who are potty training and have an accident.

Do we really as adults want to lump ourselves in with the accidents of a potty training 3 year old? Seriously? Apparently it's all the rage and I am not hip.

*********************

Oh Shit, I made a mistake and all these letters 'just appeared' in my blog. Sorry, it was an accident. All's forgiven right???

1 comment:

Samantha said...

I believe being able to forgive is key as we will all make mistakes/poor choices from time to time.