Last year when I was going through the divorce and both of us were finding new places to live we each sought very different things. I'm glad to say that Eric found a home to purchase on his own in a nearby town, one that gives him the chance to do some home improvement. I hope it works out well for him.For me, my goals were simple.
I wanted a place that would bring me peace. Period.
And so I told the Real Estate agent that I wanted:
WATER, ie, River, Lake, Stream or Pond. And no, a pool did not qualify!
Within a few weeks we had seen all of the available property and I knew which one I really wanted. After some trials and tribulations with both house closings and contracts I was able to close on the house. To be in this house is a sacrifice financially and one I don't take lightly, especially given things right now. But I needed peace. I still do.I'm sad to say I had a hard time using the lake at all the first 8 months or so. I just couldn't enjoy it. I couldn't spend time there, I couldn't relax. And of course that was an additional source of frustration. I also wasn't able to open up enough to get to
know the neighbors during that time. But all of that has changed. It has taken me a good 8 months to take in the beauty outside, to enjoy the incredible neighbors I have and to finally, finally feel some peace. Seems odd, but I had to remove a lot of weight off my shoulders in order to have some internal peace so that I could enjoy the peace around me. I always thought it would go the other way. Sort of an if you build it (buy it), they (it, or, peace) will come. I guess, what this means, is that you have to appreciate (and find) the happiness, beauty or peace inside yourself in order to have a shot at seeing and possibly enjoying the happiness, beauty and peace all around you.
I know there is more to come and I can only hope I am able to hold onto the house for at least a few more years. Only time will tell. But I am enjoying the peace that this home brings me and hoping for much brighter days to come.
The pictures, well, of course, they are from the back of the house, dock level, first floor and master BR balcony. I'm overwhelmingly grateful that at least for now I have this to give me peace and security.


Next picture post... of course... Ginger at the lake.
I know there is more to come and I can only hope I am able to hold onto the house for at least a few more years. Only time will tell. But I am enjoying the peace that this home brings me and hoping for much brighter days to come.
The pictures, well, of course, they are from the back of the house, dock level, first floor and master BR balcony. I'm overwhelmingly grateful that at least for now I have this to give me peace and security.


Next picture post... of course... Ginger at the lake.
3 comments:
I know that view and it would give me great peace too if I could look at it every day. I'm glad you found a place that you enjoy.
So glad that you have found a place where you can peace, or rather peace has found you.
HuluMama, if you read the comments again... know that I'm so sorry the wait has been hard on you too. I had forgotten our LID's are very close.
Post a Comment