So there's that book, the famous one by Sun Tzu, The Art of War. A good read I've heard, it's in my bookcase and in the queue to read.
But recently I realized, with some humor here, that Listening can be equated to War. I've heard in the last year or so people give a definition of communication:
There's talking and then there's listening.
Yup, we've all heard it, it's also called active listening, sometimes very hard to do. The next time I heard someone, with humor, describe communication in this way:
There's talking and then there's waiting to talk.
LOL, this is so true, of all of us. It's funny when I think about it and I do catch myself doing this from time to time. Lastly, in my previous job one of the 'upper managers' (aka, paid more to do less!) says the following about talking and communicating:
There's talking and then there's reloading.
Sad but true. Sad but funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment