Friday, November 13, 2009

Everybody Has a Dream

Each year I try and pick out a song that sort of echos what I want for the coming year or what I think of the coming year. I'll admit it, at the end of 2008 I did not do that for 2009. Perhaps a sign of the quagmire that 2009 might become?

Who knows.

But this morning, I started hearing in my head the lyrics that inspired the name for the renewed blog and new location I selected in 2008. One of my favorites from growing up and so soft and hopeful, building in strength as the song flows from beginning to end.

Flash back post to the selection and start

While in these days of quiet desperation
As I wander through the world in which I live
I search everywhere for some new inspiration
But it's more than cold reality can give
If I need a cause for celebration
Or a comfort I can use to ease my mind
I rely on my imagination
And I dream of an imaginary time


Isn't this how we all make it through the cold reality of difficult times? We rely on our imagination and we dream of an imaginary time.

I know that everybody has a dream
Everybody has a dream
Everybody has a dream
And this is my dream, my own
Just to be at home
And to be all alone...with you


When I wrote the post that is linked above, I left out the last two lines. For a reason. I knew what no one else knew, that I was entering a new phase in my life, I was about to go from a household of 2, waiting on 3, to a household of 1. period. And I couldn't bear to post the lines. I was thinking of Magpie and the loss of her.

If I believe in all the words I'm saying
And if a word from you can bring a better day
Then all I have are these games that I've been playing
To keep my hope from crumbling away
So let me lie and let me go on sleeping
and I will lose myself in palaces of sand
and all the fantasies that I have been keeping
Will make the empty hours easier to stand


And finally, this brings me to today. That whole song may just represent 2009 completely, though I didn't know how prophetic choosing it would be. Sometimes just a word can bring a better day, sometimes life is a game and you don't realize how to play and lastly, those fantasies of a future have made the oh so incredibly empty hours, easier to stand.

Everybody Has a Dream.

Sometimes you can't transition them from a Dream to a Goal, but sometimes you get several chances to. Only you have to be ready to latch onto the right moment when it comes, take some risk, sometimes lots of risk and have hope and blind faith that it will all work out.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

I'm still here reading your blog ... I play 'catch up' every so often, but I do check in.

And, oh - I'm THINKING of joining FB. I think it will be a huge mistake (I've heard it's addicting), but I'm mulling it around ;-)