Monday, April 28, 2008

Everybody has a dream

New digs huh? Yup. It was time, there were lots of reasons, but in the end it was just the time and this is the place.

I thought long and hard about a new title, a new URL, for weeks I wondered about just the right 'song'. You see I identify songs with periods in my life, with places, with events, with emotions. I wanted something that represented us, where we'd been and where we were going.

Not making the list (not due to lack of effort or not feeling the emotional link, sometimes the URL was gone) were variations of the following:

A New Way to Fly -Garth Brooks

A song about letting go of the pain, of the sadness and loss and just finding a new way to fly. Quite a beautiful sentiment and one that echoed our recent years.

Beginnings -Chicago, our First Dance song at our wedding, quite untraditional, but for me the song said it all, with incredible melody, harmony, instrumental and words...

Only the beginning
of what I want to feel forever
Only the beginning
Only just the start

Little Wonders -theme song to Meet the Robinson's and one I've used on the blog as my 2008 theme.

let it go, let it roll right off your shoulder.
Don't you know, the hardest part is over.
let it in, let your clarity define you,
in the end, we will only just remember how it feels

our lives are made, in these small hours
these little wonders, these twists & turns of fate
time falls away, but these small hours,
these small hours still remain

let it slide, let your troubles fall behind you
let it shine, until you feel it all around you
and i don't mind, if it's me you need to turn to
we'll get by, it's the heart that really matters in the end


In the end, I selected a classic, one of my favorite songs growing up on a cassette tape. Among my first tapes and I wore it to the bone, literally. I still know all the words to all the songs on the album it appeared on. Yet somehow the song still lingers today, a timeless song that carries meaning no matter where you go or what you do.

Doesn't Everybody Have a Dream?

While in these days of quiet desperation
As I wander through the world in which I live
I search everywhere for some new inspiration
But it's more than cold reality can give
If I need a cause for celebration
Or a comfort I can use to ease my mind
I rely on my imagination
And I dream of an imaginary time

Oh oh, and I know that everybody has a dream
Everybody has a dream, everybody has a dream
And this is my dream, my own

My wish for our children is to never stop dreaming, for if they do they will lose a bit of the essence that life is meant to be. This marks the return of my dreaming.

8 comments:

comingaroundagain said...

I love it!

On a similar / side note ;-)
I really didn't know much about blogging when I started and just picked the title to a Carly Simon song - 'Coming Around Again'. It wasn't something I thought about too much, sometimes I get attached to words or phrases (I know this song was the theme song to 'Heartburn' - ha!) and I felt like life was indeed 'coming around again' after choosing to adopt from China.

dreamer said...

I always hum a little Carly when I visit and I envied your creativity. It was the perfect choice for where you were in your life then.

Fliss and Mike Adventures said...

I love the new name... I changed my link... take care

Michele said...

So glad you finally found a new home where you will be comfortable. It will be good to see you get back to the beautiful writing that you do so well.

Hugs!

Anne Marie said...

I'm glad to be here....hear's to dreams!

wzgirl said...

Hugs, you. This is your new place & I'm glad that you are happy here. xo

Chrissie said...

Great new home ... thanks for sharing it with me. Looking forward to many more inspirational posts.

"M2" said...

whew, I thought you had deleted the entire thing.

Welcome to the world of seclusion, it's much better here.