Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Small Blessings

I was visiting with my awesome neighbors, everyone hanging out for a drink before we all head separate ways for the holidays.

Kids playing, adults laughing, wine glasses clinking.

As I go to leave I say my goodbyes to everyone, well wishes for Thanksgiving abound to and from everyone. And the final scene?

One of the neighbors sons "E", comes running after me:

Wait, wait, you deserve a hug!

And he runs to me, gives me an awesome, all the way around, strong hug and smiles.

Man, life through the eyes of a kid and life through the eyes of adults who are blessed to have kids in their life somehow. What an awesome thing. Even better, I am surrounded by people who are eternally grateful, and show it everyday, to have children in their life.

Life is good, regardless of all of the crap that surfaces from time to time, sometime lingering far too long :)

No comments: