Thursday, December 03, 2009

The best day evah?

I spent Thanksgiving with a family I've known for many years. They were the ones that sort of brought me to China for Magpie.

Most years we were invited for Thanksgiving but I always declined. This year I decided to spend it with them and it was really nice. I volunteered for dessert, but agreed to tackle 2 things I've never made, in the process. An apple pie and a pumpkin pie.

Yeah I know, how could I possibly be an american, let alone an american woman, and not have ever baked an apple pie, "at my age". LOL. (note picture the pie... best pie evah huh?)

But while there we managed to have a bit of fun unpacking and then playing RockBand2 which had recently arrived at the house. I've learned a few things, here's my list:

Top 10 Things of Note with RockBand2

10. people under 12 are much better singers
9. One person drumming is far superior to 2 people trying to get a better score
8. If you're over 40, in most cases, you just can't get drunk enough to sing
7. Wii is a rip off with regard to downloading songs... $2 a song? Seriously?
6. Eye of the Tiger is not meant to be heard 20 times after a Thanksgiving meal
5. I cannot play drums well.
4. I am able to play the easy setting on the guitar!!!
3. humming and making up words, at the right beat and tone, gives the same score as singing the right words.
2. Listening to a 7 (or is she 8?) year old sing the lyrics to "My Own Worst Enemy" (line said "Can we forget about the things I said When I was drunk") is pretty damn funny.

and the number one item?

1. just because a song to download is selected by the kids AND has the words "spongebob" someplace in the title, does not mean it sucks. It may be far superior to another round of Eye of the Tiger.

Which brings me to the title of this entry and quite possibly in the running for my 2010 Theme Song. Spongebob Squarepants (or Stupid pants as a few I know call him) "Best Day Ever" was really great to hear the kids sing to and quite frankly made me feel pretty happy.

Mr. Sun came out and he smiled at me. Said it's gonna be a good one just wait and see!
Jumped out of bed and I ran outside feeling so extra exstatified!

It's the Best day ever! (Best day ever)
It's the Best day ever! (Best day ever)

I'm so busy got nothing to do, spent the last two hours just tying my shoe.
Every flower every grain of sand, is reaching out to shake my hand.

It's the Best day ever! (Best day ever)
It's the Best day ever! (Best day ever)

Sometimes the little things start closing in on me, when I'm feeling down I wanna lose that frown I stick my head out the window and look around.
Those clouds don't scare me they can't disguise, this magic that's happening right before my eyes.
Soon Mr. Moon will be shining bright so the best day ever will last all night.
Yes the Best day ever's gonna last all night now.

It's the Best day ever! (Best day ever)

(today was one of the best days in a while and on top of it? The moon is full and gorgeous and the line in the song reminds me of it)

No comments: