A number, just like any other. Or is it? I did a little digging. The number 43:
It is the 14th smallest prime number, it is the smallest prime that is not a Chen prime and the 3rd Wagstaff prime. Who knew? But then again, really, who knows that stuff? Who really gives a shit? Seriously.
It's a heegner number, a centered heptagonal number, the 4th term of a Sylvester's sequence, a repdigit, and the largest natural number that is not a McNugget number.
This information can't even be used in Trivial Pursuit.
Seriously, all those math terms? can you imagine studying that in college? Really man. And a McNugget number? Did they run out of non-fast food numbers? Holy cow.
There are like 50 gazillion other science terms for 43. As you'll note, I'm not mentioning the rest.
Moving on.
43
the number of Richard Petty's race car, 93% of his races won were in that number car. Again, like the math 'stuff', who gives a shit.
On to more important things.
It's a freeway in Wisconsin. (Freeway in Wisconsin? Is that an oxymoron? Doesn't the population have to be higher to get a Freeway?)
It's the country code for Austria. Now we're getting to more important things. Well, at least more useful.
The 43rd president... George W.? Crap, there we go again, more useless info.
It's the name of a popular Spanish liqueur, Cuarenta y tres, distilled with 43 herbs and spices. I guess that makes it's the Heintz of liquor. Hmmm, and yet somehow I managed to miss this elixir of life when I was in Spain.
It's the atomic symbol for Technetium. WTF. Technetium? Holy cow. That makes me feel old. I was in school before Technetium was discovered.
Guangzhou, China, with a population of like 5 million, is ranked 43rd.
There are 43 species of birds in Antarctica.
*********************
Which brings us to irony. Anyone know the irony with the number 43? A hint, it's the number of muscles it take to frown. All serious answers... put in the comments. And then perhaps I'll get onto plan E and Plan F, cause I'm skipping the part of the story that was all about Plan D.
Stay tuned.
1 comment:
I know! It is your upcoming LID anniversary number. And of course I would know that since you are just a month behind us. I hope I didn't ruin the suspense for anyone else.
Post a Comment