I've been thinking about this for a long time.
I love music, but not just any music. I tend to like albums or single songs that, pull you in, or tell a story, or conjur an emotion or memory.
Throughout the last 4+ years I've mentioned quite a few songs here, I thought it was time to sort of pull them together, maybe one day making a CD that will bring me back and conjur up the time in my life when I wrote.
- Everybody Has a Dream, Billy Joel, what it's all about
- Against the Wind, Bob Seger, 2009 hindsight part 3
- You Say Goodbye, The Beatles, saying goodbye to Sunny
- Bridge Over Troubled Water, Simon and Garfunkel, why I helped by fostering a rescue lab
- Rain, Creed, 2009 hindsight 2
- Don't Give Up, Peter Gabriel, 2009 hindsight 1
- Here Comes the Sun, The Beatles, about Sunny, fostering my first rescue lab
- My Own Worst Enemy, Lit, the kids singing with Rock Band II
- Eye of the Tiger, Survivor, the kids singing with Rock Band II
- Best Day Ever, Spongebob Square Pants, the kids singing with Rock Band II
- The River, Garth Brooks, Life isn't like a box of chocolates, it's like a river, ride it or watch it go by
- Small Wonders, Rob Thomas, 2008 Theme Song
- Xanadu, Olivia Newton John, a business trip where the lobby played 70's music all the time
- Pina Colada, Rupert Holmes, same lobby as above
- A New Way to Fly, Garth Brooks, one of the songs that was a runner up to Everybody Has a Dream
- Beginnings, Chicago, again, a runner up to Everybody Has a Dream
- The Ornament, Trans Siberian Orchestra, with friends, the song made me think of Magpie
- This Christmas Day, Trans Siberian Orchestra, with friends the song made me think of Magpie
- De Doo Doo Doo, The Police, comment after seeing them in concert again
- Better Days, Goo Goo Dolls, 2007 Theme Song
- Ave Maria, an accompianist to the Baltimore Symphony at a Christmas show, a poignant post about 'assumptions'
- Cat's in the Cradle, Harry Chapin Carpenter, a retrospective piece on the people in my life who make excuses instead of time
- Looks Like We Made it, , a post about the move to Connecticut
- You Make me Feel Like Dancing, , a reflection on a youtube video proving once again that white men can't dance.
- Star Spangled Banner, , a post about Ft McHenry and the picnics there
- Captain Jack, Summer Highland Falls, Billy Joel, from the post about seeing the musical, Moving Out
1 comment:
I whole heartily agree. That would be one terrific CD.
Post a Comment