Wednesday, January 13, 2010

It's a good thing

It's a good thing that I may have time to get used to the job I'm in and to (hopefully) turn things around (or get fired). Seriously, the place is a mess, it's got good bones, some great people, but there was too much change too soon, not enough infrastructure in place when they tripled and brought on new production philosophies all at the same time.

It's a very tough job. Very tough.

I get up at 4:30 AM most days, commute round trip a total of 2.5 hours and get home somewhere between 6:30 and 8PM. Some nights I'm so tired I barely have dinner and then crawl into bed. Needless to say, this is all why I'm glad I have time to get used to the job, to help turn things around, before Magpie comes home.

Just last night I drove right past my exit on the way home, kept going north and hit the Massachusetts border about 10 miles down the road. Yes, I'm that exhausted. I'm glad I'm working, but this is hardly a cake walk, and it may in fact be one of the toughest jobs I've ever had.

Sweet Dreams, I'm off to bed.

1 comment:

Michele said...

While I understand how rought things probably are for you with this new gig, I have all the confidence in you that you can make a positive difference there. By the time Magpie comes home, you will be well entrenched and sailing along.