I struck gold. To him $5 is a lot of money. He keeps saying he's saving up to go to Barcelona and he's got a lot of money (like a hundred?) and he's sure he'll have enough soon to take his whole family there. (sidenote, he wants to go cause he's heard -from where??? - that they have awesome skate parks for skateboards).
So after I
Only thing was, their sled was off limits till mom came out and I had no sled. So after they packed down a decent path, I took a run and tried to body surf.
Not pretty. I probably would have slid further if I tried to apply superglue to the front of my jacket and then slide down.
So I'm thinking and I'm thinking and I'm running through all the articles in my house that might work. Eureka! I said "hold on". Ran around the deck (see, that $5 went to a good cause), down the steps to the lake (dammit next time spend a little more and have him do those 30 steps too), into the gazebo (winterized and all closed up), grabbed several articles and ran back up (again, why didn't I think of him doing those steps too?).
I ran into their side yard looking all smart.
I gave he and his sister what I thought was the better choice and they went an even shorter distance than I did with body surfing. Their objects? Boogie boards for the lake. No go.
I tried mine. Yeah, that's right, I'm cool, I went ALL the way down the hill and slid off the side and turned over, but it was fun flying down on my giant lid from one of those huge plastic storage bins. My redneck days of living in WV come in handy some times.
Use #563 for giant storage bins. Magpie, by the time you come home, I will have a sled, at the very least though, I have lots and lots of storage bins :)
(this was auto scheduled to post, hopefully when I get home Friday night I have enough energy to post Friday Photos.)
1 comment:
Too funny! I'm glad no one ended up going for a swim in the lake. And $5 for your stairs and the deck around the house...HUGE BARGAIN. For those prices I'd hire him in an instant.
Post a Comment