I had no idea how many people were reporting to me
manufacturing size (SF and units) in the growing pains of TRIPLING in size
several lines/equipment transfered in from other plants
lots of new operators
quality/OTD in the toilet
But the people? It's a nice group for as well as I know everyone so far and I'm slowly getting on my feet again. I do have one interesting observation, the most frequently asked question?
Do you have children? (not, are you married, though some people ask even though I don't have a ring on)
My answer? It's a long story, we can catch up sometime about it.
But on a less sobering/complicated note, my tally/list is now up by 1. And since several of my readers find this funny and intriguing, well this post is for you guys. Here's the scene:
Him (I'm horrible at names): So, what do you think (said on Friday afternoon)?
Me: I think I'll come back on Monday. (chuckles)
Him: Well, glad to hear it, you must like a challenge (chuckles)
Me: Well, it's not been that bad/hard. Manufacturing is Manufacturing no matter what you make. It's been less of a challenge than I thought it would be.
side note: I am a chemical engineer, my most difficult subjects in college were mechanics/dynamics and physics, this plant makes brakes and clutches. The irony folks.
Him: Where do you live?
Me: (say my town name)
Him: wow that a commute (you're not kidding, it's 1hr 15 min), I used to live out that way
(idle chat about the area, blah blah blah)
Him: So do you have kids?
Him: So are you married?
Me: no, I was recently divorced.
Him: Wow, me too (said as if we both just got the latest cool gadget from Best Buy and we're just about to compare ram size or pixel concentration or high score)
(idle chit chat about divorce, his kids, as I get "the feel" this is not idle chit chat anymore. Yeah, even I eventually catch on)
Him: So do you have a boyfriend?
Me: (oh boy, here we go) No, followed quickly by, I'm on hiatus, just taking a break.
Him: (obviously missing the last line) So you wanna go out some time and grab a drink?
Me: (Incredulous, 5 days on the job, met him 2 times and he asks me out. I'm stunned.) Maybe sometime, I'll catch you later, have a great weekend.
I think I just experienced Speed Dating, this conversation took less than 5 minutes. Uhm, NOT A FAN.
There's no point in keeping track of the total count as it swings up and down, but to me, this shit is funny. I just don't feel like getting involved, I have enough on my plate, New Job, Pending adoption, digging out of the financial hole, foster dog, staying whole/connected and happy. I think that's more than enough. Plus, the new job really cuts into my Blog and Facebook time and I'm in the process of moving up the high score board on Eggbreaker and a girl has to have priorities. Eggbreaker is definitely ahead of dating.
So now I'm starting to wonder. Was I not paying attention or looking when the great Gods of dating came along and drenched me in "please ask me out, come on to me, flirt with me" love potion? Must have been.
But really guys? Not as in guys in general, but as in Men. I'm just an annoying SOB, who can be funny but also impatient and bitchy, trust me, you do not want to get involved. You will have blinders on, think I'm 100% cool, sweet, smart and funny, you will be blinded by my beauty and amazed by my wit and banter (okay, so that may not be exactly true, but it looks great in print). You will think I'm not capable of making mistakes and then be stunned by reality.(Well, of course I am all that, but also perfect, I just hide it well. It's a tough job but someone's got to do it) But like all women, I will be the praying mantis of your life and eat you alive when you least expect it. It is our right, our destiny and the mission of all women. Surely by now you must know, right?
Danger, Danger Will Robinson.
And so help me if I meet a guy named Will Robinson who asks me out. I will then know there is a God, who is clearly not a woman and it will explain why World Hunger, and World Peace have not been solved yet. He is too busy screwing with the dating lives of people.

3 comments:
It's some kind of reverse psychology pheromone we must put off. You think "hiatus" they smell "damn I want her BAD!".
BTW...maybe you should spend more time on Eggbreaker since you're already like the Jedi Knight of Bejeweled. Every time I hit the #1 spot I think "well it's only cuz SHE'S not been here since the scores rolled off". Sure enough ... the next time I log on there you are at the top. Again. LOL!
Why thank you so much for keeping us bloggers who find entertainment in your dating (or non-dating as it may be) life. We really appreciate it. ;)
I'm glad the first week went ok. I don't know what to say about the mystical attraction you are having to men but at least they are making for some really interesting stories.
Post a Comment