This has been (and will likely continue to be) the toughest round of paperwork for the adoption. Not only am I up against the clock to get my i800a application processed and approved so that a referral comes AFTER the paperwork completion, not much of the process is going smooth.
When I did the paperwork the first time in 2006, start to finish from meeting the adoption coordinator to getting I600a approval was about 8 weeks. Yes, 8 weeks for the whole dossier to be started, completed and sent to China. All homestudies, 3 sets of fingerprinting for 3 agencies (MD could be a pain about getting approval at the State level), immigration approval... yada yada yada.
This time, I've been waiting to get my homestudy updated since before Christmas. yes, since before Christmas. Error after error in the homestudy, no letters sent by the agencies to my reference contacts that are required for the homestudy, paperwork lost at the agency... and as if that was not enough, the state lost my fingerprints and my check. I have to get another set taken and submit again. the fingerprints and reference letters are the hold up. And of course, not only do you pay the state for the background clearance, you also pay to have fingerprints taken in the first place.
If I were a criminal it would be free and I'd get meals and a place to live too.
It's disappointing. I'm looking forward to getting the i800a application in to see what potential issues there are with the homestudy. This is one huge difference from the i600a. With the old process you could apply to immigration without the homestudy, get fingerprinting done and finish the homestudy in parallel. New process? The application can't even be submitted until the homestudy is in. So add another 4-8 weeks onto the process.
This is why our healthcare sucks, the national debt is soaring and China practically owns the US due to the debt we owe them. Our government can't do anything without making it harder, longer, more frustrating.
Oh, yes, and of course more expensive.
Because of the new job I'm getting my state level fingerprints done Saturday at 7AM... they only do them at shift change at the state barracks.
3 comments:
If anyone is taking note, I hate this crap.
I'm with her... hate it hate it hate it!!! As I start the renewal of my 3rd homestudy as well. And still working to transition my file to the new adoption agency after the latest rule changing mid-game by China. I'll be so glad when I don't have to do adoption paperwork anymore!!
I so feel for you having to go through more of that paperwork chase. It really sucks. It certainly is a deterrant to anyone considering starting an adoption.
I hope, for your sake, that it all gets finished quickly.
Post a Comment