Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Marking time

650 blog posts, give or take a few dozen
46 months waiting as of this week
7 times fingerprinted, make that 8
4 different social workers
3 different homes
3 different jobs
18 introspective months spent questioning and transitioning every aspect of my life

Leading me to:

1 priceless dream

Everybody has them. We should all be so fortunate as to have the courage to go for the brass ring, even if in the process we fall off the horse and miss the ring. It's taken me a long time to get to where I am, but living without regret makes the choice I've made all the more fulfilling.

No matter what.

I don't know what the future holds, but I know I won't be looking in that rear view mirror saying "what if". And that is all that matters.

A lesson for me to remember.

2 comments:

Special K said...

Amen sister

JY said...

Miraculous!