Monday, April 05, 2010

10 Sports I hope Magpie doesn't take up

I use the term "sports" quite lightly in some cases:

  1. midget dwarf tossing
  2. cage fighting, enough said.
  3. Buzkashi -see link here. Holy Shit, you can't make this stuff up. Go look at the link, seriously.
  4. Extreme Ironing, invented in England, official website, not I'm not making this up either, here.
  5. Bog Snorkeling, again, this is real and invented in England.
  6. Cheese Chasing, invented in, you guessed it, England.
  7. Shin Kicking. Go see it at the Cotswold Olympicks in cheery old England, what's up with England?
  8. Wife Carrying. Prize? Wife's weight in beer. Now that's romance for you.
  9. Camel Wrestling, believe it or not, this one is NOT invented in England.
  10. And last but not least, competitive pole dancing, which I heard about on of all places, NPR.
Yes, it's still Magpie Monday, I just chose to mix up the content a bit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

There is something wrong with English sports. But I knew that watching the Amazing Race