Tuesday, April 06, 2010

Grey's Wisdom

I like Grey's Anatomy for a lot of reasons. But one of the biggest is that is always has a deep message, a thoughtful theme, one that almost always resonates with me from my past or reminds of a potential future. This week? A narrative at the end about parenting.

Here's the recap:

It's the most important job in the world. You probably should need a license to do it. (irony eh?) But then most of us wouldn't even pass the written exam. (double irony)

Some people are naturals, they were born to do it. Some have other gifts. But the good news it, biology dictates you don't have to do it alone. (though you can choose to!)

You can waste your whole life wondering. But the only way to find out what kind of parent you'd be is to finally stop talking about it and just do it.

Very thoughtful, very deep, very simple and very true. To all of us out there in the world who've made the choice to stop talking and to just do it, my hats off.

2 comments:

Special K said...

Well... I've passed the test. Several times now. LOL!

But I agree... hats off. :)

Michele said...

It is those of us that have chosen to become parents, even the hardest ways, that truly feel blessed when we do have that child placed in our arms. That day will come for you too soon and I can't wait for it.